2. real life

June put the phone back in her pocket and stood there for a few moments, watching people moving back and forth with wooden panels under their arms and protective helmets on their heads, probably in charge of finishing up fixing the set.

From where she was standing, lightly shaken by the cold January wind of LA, she could perfectly see the buffet table in the center of the huge room before the various stages in studio number 9.

She didn't know another crew was moving there in those days and, as nosy as she was, she was curious to know which show or movie they were filming there. But mostly, she was drawn in by the pinkish donuts placed right at the end of the long table filled with all sorts of food. She couldn't help it. June had always had a soft spot for strawberry donuts and they didn't have any on The Secret Circle set.

She finally convinced herself to sneak in, trying to look as natural as she could, and made her way to the table. She took a quick look around to make sure no one was paying attention to her and just saw the same men walking back and forth with pieces of furniture and the same wooden panels used to built new locations, so she casually took a plate and started filling it with donuts. Chocolate for Shelley and Britt, cream for Thomas and Kev and a strawberry one for herself.

June took a glance at the plate and sh smiled proudly. Mission accomplished.

"Man, you must really like donuts."

She jumped up in fear, almost dropping the plate full of food, and then slowly turned towards the voice, her eyes filled with guilt. She was a freaking actress and couldn't play casual while stealing donuts from another set. Oh, fuck it.

The guy who had just spoken was now staring at her with raised eyebrows and a quizzical smile plastered on his face. He was dressed in a fairly odd way - he was probably an actor and on a break between two takes -, but he was also handsome and at least a foot taller than her. And probably even a few years older.

"Yeah... I mean, no," June shook her head and the smile on his face became even wider. He also had beautiful, full lips.

"So you just filled your plate with donuts, but you don't actually like donuts?" He chuckled, taking a glimpse of what she had in her hands.

"No, I mean... I love donuts!" She let out a nervous laugh, feeling her cheeks heating up. "It's just... These are not just for me."

He nodded understandingly and kept on smiling. "Aaah! I'd totally eat them all myself."

"I only like strawberry ones, so I probably wouldn't," she responded, taking a look around again. He kept staring right at her and it made her feel nervous and slightly uncomfortable. His gaze was piercing, to say the least.

"So, you work here or somet..."

"Bunny!" He was abruptly cut off by Shelley's voice, that echoed through the almost empty, huge room. June immediately turned towards her friend and found her on one of those hellish cart, her face scrunched up in irritation. "Bunny, get your fat ass up here right now, or I swear to God I'll..." Her expression changed radically as soon as she took a glimpse of the guy she was talking to. Shelley smirked at her and her cheeks turned bright red again.

"Your friend seems... Nice," He chuckled, making her feel even more uncomfortable.

Perfect timing as always, Shelley.

"Yeah... I should probably go," she jerked her thumb in Shelley's direction, who was still wearing that smug smile on her face.

June awkwardly waved at him and started walking towards the cart, but this time it was the guy's voice that echoed through the room, making her turn towards him again. "Enjoy your donuts! See you around?"

"Maybe," she gave him a shy smile and hopped on the cart, careful to avoid Shelley's gaze. She waved at the mysterious guy as well and started the cart, taking June and her donuts away from studio 9.

"You go on a mission to steal donuts and you end up flirting with the enemy. You are the worst secret agent ever," She spatted, driving through the studios like a freaking formula 1 pilot.

"I was not flirting, I was just talking to him! He caught me stealing their donuts, what was I supposed to do? Run out of there like a psycho?" June huffed, grabbing the seat of the cart to try and avoid falling off the damn thing.

"You were totally flirting with him. I mean, I don't blame you. He was hot as fuck," Shelley kept on, completely ignoring her previous comment.

"Say whatever you want. I've got the donuts, so mission accomplished," she rolled her eyes and picked up a piece of strawberry icing.

"Soooo," Shelley started again, giving her a side glance. "What's his name? I'm pretty sure he was in Gossip Girl, by the way."

"Never watched it," she shook her head, pinching at another piece of pink icing.

"Really?" Shelley's tone was so scandalized that she actually felt guilty for a moment. "How did you spend your teenage years?"

"Chasing down kangaroos in Australia."

She remained silent while parking the damn cart in front of their studio, then she turned to June and narrowed her eyes. "You're kidding me, right?"

She sighted and got off of hellish vehicle. "Yes Shells, I'm kidding. Just because I'm Australian doesn't mean I used to chase kangaroos. I've just never watched Gossip Girl. No big deal."

"You're a lost cause. You really are," Shelley pointed her index finger at her and she rolled her eyes once again. "But I appreciate your sarcasm. You're learning from the best," Shelley picked up her chocolate donut from the plate in June's hands, smirked at her and started munching at it with no grace at all.

They entered the studio and they were immediately welcomed by their executive producer's, Kevin, angry face. "You're late."

"I know, but I brought you a cream donut. You know, your favorite," June sweetly smiled at him and extended her arms for him to take it.

"You're lucky I have a soft spot for you, Monaghan," He narrowed his eyes at her, took the plate from her hands and walked back towards the stages, where June knew some of her friends were already filming. "Go get ready. And do it quickly."

She smiled triumphantly and then started pacing towards her trailer with Shelley, munching distractedly at her beloved strawberry donut.

"You still haven't told me his name," She insisted, giving her another side glance.

"That's because I have no idea what that is," She shrugged, taking another small bite of her sweet.

"You didn't even ask him his name?" Shelley almost shouted, turning completely towards her and giving her her famous disapproving look.

"Of course not, I was stealing donuts from his set!"

"But he was hot!" She whined and pouted like a four-year-old child.

"And older than me!" June protested, rolling her eyes.

"Well, he didn't seem to care," She smirked, taking a huge bite out of her donut and getting her mouth dirty with chocolate.

"You're welcome, by the way," June said, gesturing at the food in her friend's hands.

Shelley gave her another sly smile and then disappeared in her trailer, leaving June to roll her eyes once again and do the same.