39. real life

Since that day June had finished early on the set of The Vampire Diaries, she had decided to pick up some pizza and drive to Chris's set, knowing that he and his cast mates had started filming really early and hadn't stopped yet.

During the last month, they had all become quite close and it was not unusual for her to stop saying hi or for them to come over for dinner at their place. It was like being part of a really weird but loving family, where everyone made fun of each other, but at the same time would find love and support.

For someone like her, whose real family was miles and miles away, something like that was much more than she could ever ask for. June felt a great connection with people working on The Vampire Diaries as well, of course, but it was different. She probably would never be able to explain why. It was just like that.

And that was also the reason why that afternoon she found herself walking around Marvel Studios carrying a huge Dominos Pizza box. She had just gotten there and texted Chris to know where they were filming precisely to try and avoid getting lost in the huge studios and he answered with a voicemail only a few minutes later, probably just because he knew how much June hated voicemails.

She rolled her eyes and tapped on the screen of her phone to listen to it, not expecting for his voice to blast through the empty hallway she was walking down, though. She had probably forgotten to turn down the volume after using it to listen to Spotify in the car.

"Hey, I'm heading to stage 3 right now. Rob and Jer are waiting for me. See you there? Do you remember where it is?"

June breathed in to answer with a voice message as well, but she didn't get the chance to pronounce even a word because someone jumped out of a corner, scaring the living hell out of her and making her throw her phone and the pizza box in the air. She screamed and covered her eyes with her hands, then she heard the other person's voice and she recognized it immediately.

"I'm really sorry! I heard Chris talking and I thought it was him walking to set," He apologized, taking a few steps in her direction and raising his hands cautiously. "He has this habit of always pranking other people and for once I wanted to get revenge," He sounded like he was fighting back a laugh.

June reopened my eyes, looked directly into his and marched towards where a few pizza slices were now laying scattered on the floor. She picked some of them up and fixed him with a deadly glare. "You," She threw the first pizza slice at him, leaving him shocked. "Really," Another slice, which he tried to avoid but didn't manage. "Need," And another. "To stop," Yet another. "Doing that!" She yelled at him, throwing the last slice.

He looked at her with wide eyes, then wiped a piece of salami from his blue sweatshirt with amusement all over his face. "Did you really just throw pizza slices at me?"

"You scared me! Again!" She yelled, realizing just now that his clothes were all stained with tomato sauce and oil. "But I shouldn't have transformed you into a walking pizza, I'm sorry," She apologized, feeling her checks heating up.

"Yeah, we've got stop meeting like this," He smiled smugly and looked at his clothes as well, chuckling for the mess June had made and totally ignoring her apology. "But this time you're not wearing sweatpants, at least."

She rolled her eyes heavily. Did he really have to bring that up? But on the bright side, he had picked the sweatpants instead of her half naked experience.

"What are you doing here?" She sighted, willingly ignoring the sweatpants allusion.

"I was looking for the Russo brothers. They knew I was in town for an audition and asked me to pass by. Don't know why," He shrugged. "What about you?"

June picked up her phone and the remaining slices of the huge pizza that didn't get out of the box, then she turned her eyes to him. "I finished filming this morning, so I drove here to bring some pizza to Chris and his cast mates. They'll probably have to film the whole day and I thought they'd appreciate it."

"But then the pizza got out of control and attacked my clothes," He chuckled, getting closer to her.

"Oh, you mean like that time your puke attacked my rug?" She retorted sarcastically, standing up and smirking at him.

"You didn't even like it, did you?"

"Yeah, you're kinda right," She nodded and started pacing again down the empty hallway they were in. "It was just funny to see Chris's disgusted face every time he looked at it," He started walking by her side, so June turned to him with a perplexed expression plastered on her face. "Aren't you supposed to look for the Russo brothers?"

"That's why I'm walking with you. I figured they're probably in the same place Chris is."

"Makes sense," She nodded. "So, how long are you staying this time?"

"I don't know yet," He shrugged and pursed his lips.

"We finally put a bed in the empty bedroom in front of mine, you know," She stated, not looking at him. "So, if you want to stay at our place instead of booking a hotel room, it's fine by me. Only if you promise not to puke on anything else, though."

He laughed and June felt compelled to do the same, then he turned to her and smiled softly. "Thanks June."

"It's ok. I mean, my friend Shelley is coming over later today and she's staying for a couple of days, but we can sleep together in my bed."

"You mean..." He started, but then he nodded and blushed a bit. "You were talking about you and your friend, right?"

She turned to him with her face scrunched up in confusion. "Of course. What did you..." She paused for a moment and found herself chuckling once again. "You really thought I was asking you to sleep with me?"

"Don't laugh at me, you made it sound like that!" He chuckled as well, putting his hands in his pockets and shaking his head.

"I did not!" June widened her eyes and scolded him. "You pervert."

"Hey, I'm the innocent one here! I mean, you're the one asking me to sleep with you!" He said, still laughing.

"Oh, you wish Sebastian," She grinned sarcastically, turning to him and earning yet another laugh.

"Just so you know, I actually have a girlfriend, so..." He trailed off, smirking at her.

A sting of disappointment hit her and the memory of their last encounter, a month before, popped up on her mind vividly. Sebastian had tried to kiss her. He was drunk, but he had tried, nonetheless. Was he already in a relationship back then? Did he remember anything at all from that night?

June decided to shake off those thoughts and smiled at him, instead. "And I don't want a guy in my life right now, so I guess we'll have to take a rain check on that slumber party."

He laughed even harder then before. "Did you really just say 'slumber party'?"

"Hey, you don't have the right to judge me!" She scolded him, pretending to be scandalized. "Just minutes ago you thought I was asking you to sleep with me, I'm the real innocent one. And I can say slumber party as much as I want."

He chuckled lightly and then they fell silent for a while. She had thought being alone with him would make her feel uncomfortable, especially with everything that had happened on their last encounter, but talking to Sebastian was actually way easier than she expected. He was funny and he could genuinely make her laugh.

"So... Maybe friends?" He spoke again, taking a side glance at her.

"If you stop scaring me to death every time we meet, I guess I might be fine with that."

He chuckled again and nodded. "I can work on it."

__________

A/N

Will they ever have a normal meeting? 😂