09

09| I am Baby's sarcasm.

The next morning Steve joined us for our research. He told me he wanted to be near me.

Whilst Banner was doing reboot for the generator for one of our scanning equipments I looked at Steve smiling without even realizing.

Steve wasn't looking at me, he was watching what Banner was doing with curiosity.

I walked over to him standing behind his back looking at the muscles showing through his white shirt.

I brought my finger to the back of his neck, no one was watching so I felt the tension between us blossom.

He held his breath and I ran my fingers through his soft hair and he grumbled.

Suddenly I stopped and walked away.

Predictably he followed but I kept walking. I heard his footsteps near me so I quickly sucked into a supply closet.

I looked at the door waiting for him to enter.

He did.

I looked at Steve with odd eyes.

"I like you, Steve." I stated looking in his eyes for a reaction.

"Baby, the supply closet is absolutely the the most cheesiest place you could have possibly choosen to have a secret conversation."

I laughed hysterically.

"I like you too Baby." He lifted his hand and placed on my face. "For two years, I've seen you everyday, everyday I liked you more. I was put back thinking that if you were just a normal human you and I couldn't be together. I was scared that you might out grow me, or that you wouldn't be able to except my powers. Now I know, that if you would have talked to me, looked at me with those darn brown eyes, I wouldn't have been able to leave you alone, Baby."

"I'm kinda wishin' I would have talk to you sooner." I placed my hands on his chest sighing. The way he looked at me made me feel things, things I had never felt before, I wanted this moment to last decades.

"After this is done, after this war is finished. I want it to be just you and I."

"Are you asking me on a date Steve Rogers? This isn't too fast for you?"

"Baby, I was in an ice capsule for seventy years, I spent most of the beginnings of my origins alone, I've waited long enough. My friend Bucky used to tell me this whenever he got drafted, 'Whether I fight tomorrow, or next week, my death is unpredictable and inevitable, so I will love my women today, care my friends today like I'm gonna die tomorrow.' I didn't understand it back then, I was just a kid, but now I get. Standing here, infront of you, I swear I get it."

I looked at him wide-eyed, I never in my life have been speechless. "No one has ever looked at me the way you do Steve. No one has ever talked to me like that."

He pushed my curls off of my face. "Good." His whispered coming closer. He he kissed my face, not once did his touch my lips, that made me want him all the more.

"Steve." I mumbled. "Kiss me."

He smiled looking at me. "No. I'm not going to kiss you in a supply closet Baby."