12

12

I felt petrified . I wasn't sure why but whenever Steve was around I felt better and that scared me. I was built with the need to have survival be my first priority, literally. Steve is my soft spot. He didn't even have to try, the minute that I laid eyes on that Captian America comic, I was hooked.

It wasn't like being hooked on a drugs either, it was more like he was he was the Sun, or a warm blanket, I didn't need either, but the immense pleasure I received from both outweighed rationality.

Either way, the fact that I knew that none of this would work out was killing me.

"Ms. Lockwood?" I heard someone say behind me. My hand twitch in aggravation.

"Don't call me-"

"Venus?"

I flung my coffee mug at his head and tackled the man. "Consider this a warning." I wrapped my slim hands angrily shaking hands around his thick neck.

"And what would the warning be?" His dark voice matched his cocky wrinkled face. He had a scar across his left cheek which was pink so it must have came about a while ago. His bolding hair was gelled back and his teeth were slightly yellow and crooked.

"Don't you ever-ever! Call me Lockwood unless you want to walk home with you dick in you right eye socket."

The mans confidence obviously wavered but he kept taunting me.

"You know, ever since you've been here Banner has been studying you."

"I know that! The question is...why do you?"

"Isn't that a question I know you'd like an answer to?"

I smacked him across the face. "Who are you, you smug bastard?!"

"John Smith."

I rolled my eyes.

"That's what they'll assume you are anyways after I rip every cell out of your body if you don't answer me without your riddles."

"Well I'm an... associate of SHIELD."

"Or really? Did they find you at the Asshole Fair? Buy one get one free? Limited time offer?"

"Close, but I wouldn't be able to tell you that."

"What do you want?"

"To see chaos-"

"Excuse me?"

He thrusted me a file with my name on it...my real name.

"Well your friend Banner found this while he was trying to figure out what was really wrong with you so he could help you, after reading this little thing here, I think he realized that there was no saving you."

"What are you going on about?"

"Enjoy."

"Hay!" I called out to him but in a blink of an eye he was gone.

He was gone and somehow I was in my room.

I remember how confused and scared I was, no one ever got under my skin the way that this man did. I was always faster, smarter, stronger, but it wasn't as if this man beat me up...he got away.

I looked around my room trying to convince myself that it was a dream but the hair particles laying on my shirt and the smell of cigar on me let me know that it happened. Oh, and the fact that under my pillow was a thick file with my name on it like before.

Who was that? I wondered.

I looked at the file and put it back under my pillow.

I needed to talk to the group so this would not help, I couldn't be distracted.