Causes of Depression

1. Abuse

( but not only sexual at young age, All Kinds of Abuse! - That is also Physical or Emotional Abuse ).

If a person gets raped or molested as a child - this factor increases the vulnerability to clinical depression later in life. 

If they weren't abused like this - but they don't have a loving family, or maybe they are even unwanted children & their parents only criticize them instead of showing them love & tell them 'You're worthless!' 'You're stupid!' 'You can't do anything right' - their self esteem gets lower & they are more vulnerable to depression in their teen or even adult years. 

2. Bullying

( how many times you heard that a teen commited suicide & it later turned out that it was because he or she was bullied at school?... - Too many times during the last few years, I guess. That's why bullying is so dangerous & its victims can't be left without help - even if they don't ask for it themselves. Their parents & teachers must have their eyes open & notice the kids' problem & mood change before it's too late! ).

3. Death of a close person

( a family member of a very close friend's death is also a very common 'depression factor' ).

Sadness & grief after such a loss is natural - but if it lasts too long it may turn into depression. Especially if they loved the person who died so much that they 'can't live without him/her'... sometimes literally. And if they suffer from depression after such a loss - they may try to 'join the person they lost & miss so much' & also want to die. Some manage, unfortunately. ( That's why sometimes psychological help is needed to deal with the loss of their loved ones - before their own life with a grief gets too hard ).

4. Some medicine

( attention! - I'm serious! - It's scientifically proved that ISOTRETINOIN - that is used to treat acne increases the risk of depression!... - That would explain frightening depression vulnerability increase among teens during the last few years! O_O ... )

< So dear teens: a simple conclusion: It's better to have Acne than Depression - don't use that anti acne medicine - or find some other one, for your own good, & maybe even saving your Lives! >

5. Conflict 

( yes, unsolved & serious conflicts with family members or friends may finally lead to depression )

< so please forgive them everything you can as fast as you can! - & staying on good terms with them is really worth trying! To save your own health. And maybe Theirs as well ! > 

6. Genetics

( unfortunately some people are genetically predestined to have Depression because it already happened in their family. Right, I know that a person may have depression even if noone in his or her family had it before - but if they had - the risk increases! You may inherit it after your parents or grandparents - althought it's not what you would like to inherit For Sure! ). 

7 Major Events

( right, very important events in our lives - surprisingly they don't even have to be Bad to give depression a start! :/ )

( it can be graduating, getting a new job or Getting Married for example - strange, isn't it? People should be HAPPY then - but in some cases it may lead to depression because they just can't deal with a new situation ).