Buttercup

"Mike, can I wear your hoodie?" Will asked looking to his friend.

"No" Mike said.

"Wow you're rude" Will replied with an eye roll, shivering from the cold winter air.

"What, do you expect me to be cold so that you can be warm? Dude that's like asking Dustin for food" Mike said like it was the stupidest question on Earth. He licked his lips, coating them in a glossy coat of saliva before looking to Will, feeling sorry for letting him be cold. Leaving Will outside he walked into his house and slammed the door shut on accident.

"What the hell Mike?!" Will yelled through the door. He stood up from the steps and was about to open the door when it opened before him. Without having time to react, a large faux fur blanket was thrown at his face.

"Now warm up buttercup" Mike said once Will had moved the blanket away from his face. Will blushed in the slightest out of the embarrassment of thinking that his friend left him outside alone in the cold. He felt more of the heat rise to his face when he noticed the pet name that Mike had just called him. A small smile danced on his lips and a whispered thank you poured out. Both returned to sitting down on the steps and talking, Will now wrapped up in a blanket.