Pass The Test

All Mike could think about for the past few weeks was his midterms. The stress felt like carrying a mountain on his shoulders and he couldn't seem to distract himself from it.

"You okay Mike?" Will asked as they walked to the classroom where his first test was.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine. I'm just a bit nervous, ya know? English really isn't my best class" He blankly stared at the floor as they continued walking, fiddling with his fingers. Will looked around the hallway. It was practically empty because everyone was rushing to their next class for an exam. Once Will spotted what he was looking for, he quickly grabbed Mikes hand and yanked him along.

"What the heck Will?" Mike screeched as he was being pulled down the hallway. Will pushed open a bathroom door and drug Mike in behind him.

"You need a pep talk, because I know you can do this test and you can do it extremely well." Will spoke calmly while he stood in front of Mike, looking at his face but still holding his friend's hand. Mike silently nodded and Will started.

"It doesn't matter that English may be your worst subject, or that you didn't study for science, or that in history you need to write an essay that you've only had an hour to prep for. You're the smartest person I know Mike, and you're not going to fail any of these tests! You're gonna go into that classroom and pass with flying colours because that's the kind of student you are!" Will yelled excitedly toward the end, trying to hype Mike up aswell. He started jumping up and down shouting "pass the test" through the vacant room. Mike just laughed, and smiled at Will. He was grateful to have a friend that he could rely on to boost his confidence and Will knew just how to do it.

"Pass the test" Mike started yelling with Will, both of them now jumping. Will stopped and gave Mike a joking look, a tacit exchange of "only i can say that" and both boys cracked out in laughter. They didn't know what was so funny but Mike didn't feel like he was going to fail anymore, he felt excited for the test as a matter of fact.

"Hey Mike" Will said after Mike had turned to leave. He walked up to Mike and gave him a comforting hug, a hug that was reciprocated.

"Pass the test" Will said as they pulled away and smiled at Mike who again returned the gesture.

"Pass the test" Mike whispered.

A/N
Mike didn't pass the test