Chapter 30

“Thetis. She is a sea goddess, and was supposed to be the first wife of Zeus, but Zeus married her off to a mortal man because she prophesied that her son would be more powerful than the Father.”

— The Semideus.
Chapter 14, The Prophecy.

ISLAND OF AIAIA
ASTER's POINT of VIEW

I was quiet for the whole travel around the Olympian World. Bahagya kaming natagalan dahil hindi namin nakita agad ang Island of Aiaia.

Circe really hid it very well, huh? I remember one of the famous Greek Heroes, Odysseus, was hidden in this place for a year.

I constantly glanced at Xynthea who was busy looking around the whole Olympian World.

"Apollo, akala ko ba alam mo kung nas'an ang island na 'yon?" wika ko.

Apollo glanced at me and rolled his eyes. May tinuro siyang isang parte ng langit na tila mayroong water tornado, at moonlight. It seemed to be coming from something, pero wala naman akong nakitang pinagmulan nito.

Unless... it's hidden. Ah, it must be the hidden Island of Aiaia.

"Told you, Aster! Makikita natin ang islang 'yon," mayabang na wika ng tatay ko.

Once again, I glanced at Xynthea. Her empty eyes looked at the tornado and moonlight. Napaawang ang bibig niya na tila may gustong sabihin, ngunit sinara niya rin 'yon kalaunan.

Pinikit niya nang mariin ang mata niya, at hinawakan pa ang ulo niya. Does she have headaches again? She's so mysterious, madalas 'tong nangyayari sa kaniya.

"How are we going to break through the barrier, Lord Apollo?" Damon asked.

Nang imulat ni Xynthea ang mata niya, naging kulay lila ulit 'yon sa loob ng halos dalawang segundo. Napatingin akong muli sa pocket niya, at kahit 'yon ay tila umilaw din.

"Go through the moonlight. If we go throught it, we can pass the island," mahinang suhestiyon ni Xynthea ngunit narinig 'yon ng lahat.

Everyone turned to her, and the boys were amazed by her suggestion— samantala ako, naguguluhan. Paano naman n'ya naisip 'yon? It's almost her first time suggesting something.

"You think so, Xynthea?" tanong ni Apollo.

Tumango naman si Xynthea. "The moonlight comes from the outside, and passes through the barrier to go inside. Kung dadaan tayo sa mismong daan ng moonlight, makakapasok tayo sa isla."

Damon chuckled. "Wow, 'di ko naisip 'yon."

Xynthea smiled shyly before looking at me. Nagtaka siya nang makita ang nakakunot kong noo. One of her eyebrows raised. Umiling nalang ako at tumigin sa unahan.

She's chosen by the Oracle of Delphi, so I shouldn't be nervous, right?

The black swans of Apollo's chariot guided us towards the direction of the moonlight. Napansin kong basa pa nga pala ang mga damit namin dahil sa ulan.

Napapikit si Xynthea nang makarating kami malapit sa moonlight. Well, I wasn't fazed because I'm the Sun God's daughter, and the light of the moon comes from the light of sun rays.

Literal ng kaming dumaan sa moonlight, at namangha ako nang makitang may isla nga rito!

I looked at the ocean around and it had golden mists, which symbolizes it's eternity or infinity because time is gold.

"Sino 'yon?" sambit ni Thea habang nakatingin sa may puno. I looked at it too, and squinted my eyes when I saw—

"Circe!" Apollo exclaimed.

Tumalon na agad siya mula sa kaniyang chariot, at pinuntahan na ang nakahandusay na Diyosa. Who did that to her? Mukhang basang-basa pa siya dahil sa tubig?

Was it Poseidon?

Maraming mga wild animals around, pero kaagad din naman silang tumakbo nang bumaba si Circe sa lupa. I could also notice the cracks in the island, probably caused by an Earthquake. Tumingin ako sa basang parte ng lupa, and it headed to a direction. Poseidon or whoever it was probably went there.

Circe opened her eyes a bit. Hiniga naman ni Apollo ang ulo ni Circe sa kaniyang hita.

"Ako na ang bahala kay Circe, Dad. Go to the direction of whoever did that to her," suhestiyon ko. Apollo looked at me and rolled his eyes again.

"Akala mo naman hindi ko naisip 'yon."

When the Olympus did I say na hindi niya naisip 'yon?! Hay nako si Dad, ayaw talagang nalalamangan siya. Grr.

Lumapit ako kay Goddess Circe, at lumuhod para masuportahan ang ulo niya. Tumayo na si Apollo at sumunod naman ang dalawa ko pang kasama.

"D-diane," mahinang sambit ni Circe sa'kin. Hala, does she think I'm Diane?

Pumikit siya nang mariin na para bang may masakit sa kaniya. Tiningnan ko naman ang katawan niya kung mayroon ba siyang sugat or what. Mukhang wala naman, ah.

"What happened to you, Goddess Circe?" tanong ko.

Mabigat ang paghinga niya, at ilang beses niyang sinubukang magsalita.

"I've ran out of energy," mahina n'yang wika. "Poseidon... must not know—"

"Know what?"

She looked at her hand, and gave me her sacred wand. Omg, why?

"He must not know that he has a son with Thetis... L-Llyr. He must not come here. I have lost energy to keep the barrier of my Island. Poseidon has drained it—"

"Wait, what?"

Poseidon. Thetis. Llyr.

I know that before there was a prophecy regarding Thetis— that any son of hers will be more powerful and greater than the Father. That was why Zeus and Poseidon didn't marry her in the first place! Pero nagka-something sila noon.

Then if Circe spoke of Llyr, ibig sabihin...

"Llyr is the son of Poseidon and Thetis?! He's more powerful than Poseidon?" gulat kong wika.

The Semideus
By lostmortals
Plagiarism is a crime.

Votes and comments are highly appreciated. Btw, please do ask if you don't get something in the story. The prophecy regarding Thetis and Metis is a real prophecy from the Greek Myths, at hindi ko gawa-gawaan lang.

Thank you for reading!