Chapter 22

Brandon smiles, "Never in a million years did I think that someone would be asking me that question, it has always been for Papaw." He extends his hand, "Yes, for all that it's worth you have my permission."

The biggest smile this side as the Atlantic ocean spreads across Dan's face as he shakes Brandon's hand and pulls him into a tight hug, "Thank you."

"You don't need to thank me, I need to thank you. You are the one that makes my cousin look the happiest she has in years. I trust you will take care of her no matter what."

Dan nods, "I will do everything in my power. We should get started before she comes out here and finds us doing nothing."

Brandon laughs, "Yeah we don't want to give it away do we?"

Filling a bucket with water Dan can't get the enormous smile to wipe off of his face. He found the guts to ask Brandon now just the guts to ask her the big question.

As he finishes drenching Wind and is about to dump the bucket of water out coated arms wrap around his waist. He smiles and turns around in her arms, "I love you, you know that right?"

She nods, "Of course I do. I love you more though," she whispers.

"Not possible."

She giggles, "Okay, how's Wind doing?"

"Much better she drank her water bucket while we ate and nibbled at her hay. She had some strength back so tomorrow we should be able to work on her hoof more," he tells her.

She nods, "Thank you," she whispers and kisses his cheek.

"Your welcome, Fawn. Brandon fed already so do you want to watch a movie?"

"Sure, but you have to wait on me this time."

He laughs, "Okay I learned my lesson about watching movies without you."

He pops corn kernels while she picks out a movie and Brandon fixes hot chocolate. When three mugs are filled, blankets on the couch and a huge bowl of pop corn ready everyone congregates in the living room. Brandon takes the remote and start the movie while grabbing the biggest blanket. Halfway through the movie Dan falls asleep on Tylee's shoulder and Daisy joins them stealing a piece of popcorn from Dan's bowl whenever she thought Tylee wasn't watching.

As the movie comes to an end Tylee glances at the two guys on either side of her and giggles, both had fallen asleep with their mugs of hot chocolate in hand. She removes the cups from their hands and places them out of the way before gently placing a pillow under Dan's head before getting up and rinsing the cups and bowls out.

After a quick shower she climbs into her bed and snuggles with Daisy.
***

Dan's eyelids flutter open and he scans the dimly light room, his memory returns as Brandon reclined on the other end of the couch meets his vision. He smiles climbing from under the blankets and starts a pot of coffee before he writes a note and wrapping himself in his coat. Starting his pickups engine he cringes at the falter in it the cold is for sure getting to it.

When the engine is good and warmed up and the windshield is thawed out he drives over to the bunkhouse and showers. With clean clothes on and a fresh pair of boots on his feet he checks his phone before heading back to Tylee's house to help feed.

He drives by the barn and notices no one is out yet so he drives down to the house. As he walks through the door the sweet aromas that meet his nasal cavity form a smile on his lips. He walks into the kitchen and wraps his arms around her waist. She jumps slightly before turning around and wrapping her arms around his neck.

"You look beautiful this morning," he whispers placing a kiss on her cheek.

She smiles, "You look extra handsome, and I can tell you took a shower."

He cocks an eyebrow, "I'm not sure how to take that, as a complement that I look nice and smell good, or that I smelt bad before."

"You smell extra," she sniffs, "Woodsy."

He laughs, "Woodsy, huh? Well then I will take that in a positive way. So I need to grab a few things from town, do you want me to do the usual supply run?"

She knits her eyebrows together, but chooses not to ask what it is he needs, "Yeah that's fine, um, are you going by yourself since someone has to take Brandon?"

"Uh, I can or we can all go and I could grab my stuff while you catch up with Becca."

She rolls her eyes, "I don't really want to hear the latest town news, but okay."

He pecks her lips not able to keep his smile away, "Great! I am going to feed and then I will be back to devour your amazing food."

She laughs as he winks over his shoulder before stepping out the door. Sticking the cinnamon rolls in the oven she nods in approval and peeks into the living room. Brandon snores and moves slightly still laying on the couch. Her mind drifts back to memories of when they were kids causing a smile to place itself on her lips.

Just then the timer goes off and she pulls the cinnamon rolls out of the oven. She smiles at the way they look just like Granna's.

"Dang, I could have sworn I was still a kid and you were Granna," Brandon's voice tears her gaze from the rolls.

She quickly places the cookie sheet on the stove and unties the apron from her thin muscular body.

"What are you doing?"

"I can't be Granna," she whispers tears pricking her eyes.

He gently touches her arm and wraps his arms around her, "Ty, you just like Granna. You can make her food to a tee, you fit in her aprons like they were made for you, and your hair is just like hers was for before it started turning grey."

She wipes her eyes, "Really?"

"Yes," he says smiling and brushing the fly away hairs back. "You are going to be an amazing wife soo- so don't start putting yourself down before you even begin the task."

She looks at him quizzically, "You stumbled over yourself. What were you going to say?"

He mentally freaks out, "It's nothing, I just started to say that just because I am going homes soon it doesn't mean you should stop."

She nods still not buying it all. Just then the back door clangs shut and Dan strolls in.

Brandon motions Dan to follow him. He leads him into the hall, "You better buy the ring and ask quick before I give it away, I almost did." He speaks in a low hushed voice trying desperately to avoid drawing her attention.

Dan nods, "Yeah."