Chapter 1

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Frozen and Rise of the Guardians, or any of its characters. This is made only for entertainment. Enjoy!

~~~~~~

Jack Frost

"What is it now, North?" Bunny impatiently tapped his foot on the floor of -- until now I still don't know what's it called -- North's place.

"Let me guess -- it's your belly." I stepped forward. North nodded.

"Aye, mate, it's eighteen years ago replay!" Bunny complained.

"It's --" North started, but then just stared at the giant globe. I turned around to see black sand, enveloping the globe. A look of dread washed over North's face -- the one I'd seen eighteen years ago. A dark shadow formed, the shadow of a man. No -- it couldn't be... I readied my staff, pointing in the direction of the shadow, and shot. The shadow moved quickly, avoiding my ice.

A dark shadow horse formed, and neighed beside the shadow of the man. An all too familiar evil laugh rang through our ears, as the shadow and the horse moved around the room through the walls. No, it was all too familiar. I held my staff, about to fire (ironically, since I shoot ice), but North held a hand in front of me.

"No, Jack. It's just his shadow. No use in firing at it." North explained.

I held down my staff as the shadow and horse just disappeared, with the evil laugh still ringing through our ears. Eighteen years since I've been chosen as a guardian, eighteen years since the last we saw of him. And now he's back.

"Pitch. He's back, isn't he?" Tooth had a nervous look on her face. North nodded in dismay.

"Man in Moon know who Pitch is after. Look." North said, pointing to the slowly rising large column with a blue crystal on top.

A figure formed. What I could make out was a girl with braided hair resting on her left shoulder as she held up her right hand with a snowflake above it.

"A snow girl? Why would Pitch want a snow girl? Aye mate, he doesn't have a chance with that snow girl." Bunny chuckled, but I knew this was no laughing matter.

"So you're telling me, that she's like me?" I blurted out in excitement. There was someone like me. Another who could understand me.

"Yes, Jack. She's like you." Tooth said. I kept ahold of my excitement.

"We know Pitch is going to make children not believe in us anymore so we have to move fast. We have to protect the children all over world from nightmares. Bunny is with me on North hemisphere, Tooth is with Sandy on Southern hemisphere. Jack, can we count on you to warn and protect girl?" They all turned to me with expectant looks as North put a hand on my shoulder.

"I'll do what I can." I nodded.

"Then it's settled. Go now. We'll handle the children. Good luck mate." Bunny said.

I stood on the window sill, inhaling the cold north pole air. It was freezing, but it didn't bother me. I am the Winter spirit so I was used to the cold.

"Wind, to the snow girl." I took a deep breath as the wind picked up. Then I jumped into the current, gliding in sync.

. . .

It was the small town of Arendelle. The moon told me so that she was there, and I knew better than to not believe in what he says. The wind suddenly stopped. I fell into the deep white snow, unconscious.

Elsa

"Your majesty, we have found this man lying unconscious on the snow. He is still breathing so he is just unconscious, but we are not sure why. Anyone dressed like this out in this snow would have died." One of the guards said as the others brought in a man with silvery white hair wearing a blue hoodie clutching a staff, barefoot.

"Thank you. Please take him to one of the guest rooms upstairs." I said politely.

"Yes, your highness."

I signed the remaining of the paperwork and finished it all off. I called for the royal messenger to take all these to their respective kingdoms. To say that my kingdom was good was an understatement -- it was great. The businesses are really well and everyone was okay.

"Anna, I'm finishing off the paperwork. Would you like to join me for dinner?" I asked her. It was her lazy day today and it was my work day today.

"Sure Elsa. I'll call Kristoff and Olaf."

"Oh, don't bother. I'll call them. Just meet us at the dining hall." I replied.

"Okay then."

. . . after dinner . . .

I went upstairs to look at the visitor.

I opened the door quietly and took a peek.

The guy was there. He was sitting by the window. He touched it, and frost covered it in certain beautiful patterns. I gasped slightly. He had the same powers as me. We're the same.

I patted down my gown and composed myself before entering.

"Your majesty." He bowed down.

"Thank you for letting me stay here and I am very sorry to leave so soon, but I've got to find a girl with magical powers in this kingdom." He continued.

"Wait, sit down. Tell me more about this girl. What kind of power does she have?" He sat down on the bed with me and told me.

"She is a special girl. Her power is controlling ice and snow. I have to protect her."

"I see. Do you know who this girl is?"

"No your majesty."

"I see." I lifted my right hand and snowflakes started rising from my hand. His expression turned from confused to surprised to excited.

"It's you! It's you! It's you!" He jumped in the air.

"I have these powers since I was born. Now, what is your name?"

"Jack Frost, your highness."

"Jack Frost? You have ice powers too?" I was starting to be interested, since he's like me.

"Yes, yes I do!"

"Let's go downstairs. You must be hungry. While you have dinner we'll talk about why you should protect me."

"Oh no. That's okay. I never really need to eat. I'm the Winter spirit."

"Okay then. I'll call Anna and Kristoff so we'll talk."

"That would be fine by me, your majesty."

. . .

I sat across Jack and Anna was sitting with Kristoff on the other couch. Olaf was across Anna and Kristoff.

"So Jack, why did you have to protect Elsa?" Anna queried.

"Pitch Black is the King of Nightmares. He's after Elsa for one reason only. For power. Dark goes best with the cold. He wants to take over the world and turn it into a dark and cold place with fear."

"This Pitch Black. Why did he choose Elsa, and not anybody other than her?" Kristoff asked.

"Because we're the only ones who have this ability. He had went after me but failed. Now he's back and after Elsa."

"Ohhh." It was all I could say, or rather mutter.

~~~~~~