Chapter 5

Jack left a few moments ago and I laid back down on my bed, processing what had just happened.

"Elsa? Are you in there?" Anna knocked from the other side of the door.

"Yeah, I'm here. Just a sec." I replied. I stood up and sighed. I guess I should really work now.

I fixed my hair into a messy bun and changed into my frost sundress. I opened the door to see Anna.

"What do you want to do today, Queen Elsa?" Anna giggled.

"As queen, I prefer I work and work and work today with all the towers of paperwork I have in the study." I mocked myself in my 'queen voice'. I wasn't being able to do fun things since last week. The towers of trade proposals and invitations kept growing taller and taller every day.

"Good one, Miss Elsa!" We started walking down the hallways.

"And to you too, Princess Anna of Arendelle." I giggled. We soon got to the study.

"Anna, I'll be working here later. I'll join you for dinner with Kristoff and Olaf later.

"Sure Elsa. I'll call you when dinner's ready."

I walked into my study and closed the door behind me. I sighed as the towers of paperwork stood before me. I shuffled lazily to my chair and plopped down. I got started on the top envelope and opened it. This is going to be a very boring night.

"Dear Queen Elsa of Arendelle,

We would like to propose to you a trade about the supplies. The drought is still going on and our supplies are going down at an incredibly fast rate. We would like to ask for your help..." And blah blah blah.

I wrote,

"Dear King of the Western Hills,

I would like to accept your trade proposal. Arendelle would gladly help in your time of need. We will send a ship down to the Western Hills and Jack-"

I immediately crumpled the paper and threw it to the trash. Why did I just write that? I kept asking myself. Gosh, I have to keep my thinking straight.

"Okay, let's try that again." I said to myself.

"Dear Jack-" I crumpled it and threw it again.

"Ughh!" I cried. There was a knock on the door.

"Elsa? Dinner's ready!" What? I didn't even finish a letter! Oh well, it's better than crumpling paper and starting all over again.

"I'm coming!" I called out. I stood out and walked out of my study to see Anna there standing patiently.

"C'mon, I'm starving!" She pulled me down the stairs as we slid down the railing, landing in a heap. Kristoff stood there with his arms crossed and a smirk plastered on his face.

"What are you girls doing there? Is this some kind of girly ritual or something before dinner? C'mon, I'm starving!" Me and Anna giggled as we jumped up and went to the kitchen. I smiled at the couple. Kristoff and Anna are so perfect for each other. But deep inside there was this small longing, I just don't know what it is.

"Let's eat!" Olaf cheered. His cheery voice always seems to brighten up the room. I started eating my dinner as Olaf and the others gobbled down their food.

"So, Elsa..." Anna started. "About the suitors..." I frowned. It was the suitors again.

"Anna, we've talked about this." I started.

"But there's something else..." She continued.

"What?"

"The suitors' meeting is tomorrow." She nervously said while looking down.

"Anna, haven't we talked about this? I already told you that I don't want to marry! I want to be with someone I love, and there's no one other than you, Kristoff, Olaf, and Sven I love. I can't possibly marry Kristoff! Nor anyone else!" I yelled. I can feel the cold slowly creeping in between my fingers but I kept it back.

"I-I'm so sorry, E-Elsa... I-I should've asked you first." Anna lowered her head.

I sighed. I knew it wasn't right for Anna to do things without me knowing, but I forgive her.

"It's okay, Anna. I'll just write a letter that I have to cancel the suitors' meeting tomorrow. Just please promise me you won't do things behind my back again."

"Really? I promise!" She cheered up.

"Good." I smiled at her. I looked to the large window behind me. I thought I heard something swish.

~~~

Jack ❅

I went back earlier than usual so I could spend some time with Elsa. I think I may have started to grow a liking for her. I mean, I almost kissed her earlier this afternoon.

I could hear them in the dining, but I decided to snoop around. It sounded serious.

"The suitors' meeting is tomorrow." I heard Anna nervously say. I could imagine her lowering her head.

"Anna, haven't we talked about this? I already told you that I don't want to marry! I want to be with someone I love, and there's no one other than you, Kristoff, Olaf, and Sven I love. I can't possibly marry Kristoff! Nor anyone else!" I heard Elsa yell.

I felt hurt by this. And I thought she might've loved me, or at least liked me. I spun on my heel as I felt a cold teardrop -- even colder than myself -- rolled down my left cheek. I flew outside and headed to my hometown, Burgess in Pennsylvania.

"Manny, why did it have to be me?" I cried to the full moon shining down upon my lake.

~~~~~~~~

Sorry if it was really short! I haven't much time yet, but this weekend I might publish a longer chapter... Probably... ;)

Bye my snowflakes!