cinco

Piper's POV

I walked into the Big House looking for Jason, thinking he might be playing the game with Leo. I'll never understand why they find it entertaining.

After checking all of the rooms in the Big House, I walked into the meeting room. I bump into a chair immediately. I pushed it into the ping pong table and walked to the sink. I still needed to wash my hands after failing horribly at wrestling with the Ares kids.

I turned on the hot water first and checked to see how hot it was. I pulled my hand back immediately and reached to turn it off. But a rainbow appeared in the steam. "Please deposit one golden drachma," a woman's voice said.

I rummaged in my pockets and found a drachma and a piece of bubble gum. I tossed the gum in my mouth and the coin in the rainbow.

"O Iris, goddess of the rainbow. Show me, um, whoever you need to show me." I said while blowing a bubble.

When I saw the face on the message, my bubble popped in shock. "Percy!" I exclaimed. He laughed at the sight of the gum all over my face.

"Hey Piper. Sorry about the collect call. I wasn't sure where exactly you were," he apollogized.

I rubbed my hands over my face, trying to take off the gum. "It's alright." I said. "It's been forever since we talked. How can I help you?"

He started talking. "Well, you see, I'm coming back to camp for a day an-" I interrupted.

"WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT! YOU NEVER COME VISIT EVEN THOUGH YOU PROMISED AND NOW YOU TELL ME THIS OUT OF NOWHERE?! WHAT THE HADES IS WRONG WITH YOU CHILD?!"

Percy looked scared for a second and actually backed up even though I wasn't there. I took a deep breath and composed myself.

"So," I began "When are you coming?"

"Um, in a couple hours." He took a breath and began explaining him self. "Look I'm sorry for not visiting but I've been really busy with my training."

I nodded then realized what he said. "A couple hours?! Why didn't you tell me sooner? Why di- Wait." I cut myself off. "Why are you telling me and not Annabeth. She's been missing you a lot." I added, lying through my teeth.

Percy, being the Kelp Head he is, didn't register the lie. "I'm telling you 'cause you're my singing buddy and I tell you stuff. Also, you're the expert on relationships and stuff."

I smiled at the singing buddy comment. Along with the Apollo kids, Percy and I were the best singers at camp so we often lead sing-a-longs during campfires. Then I thought of the relationship part and remembered something.

"Oh! I was looking for Jason then you called. Thanks for the distraction, Percy." "Your welcome," he grinned cheekily.

"So you're only staying for a day?" I asked. "Yup. I'm going to visit my mom tomorrow and stay the whole day. Either that or I will go tonight and stay over. I'm not sure..." Percy said, trailing off at the end.

Percy began humming a familiar song and I tried to place the name. When he got to the chorus I remembered and sang along.

"Till the the referee rings the bell,

Till both your eyes start to swell,

Till the crowd goes home,

What we going to do y'all?

Give 'em hell, turn their heads.

Gonna live life till we're dead.

Give me scars, give me pain,

Then they'll say to me, say to me, say to me there goes the fighter,

There goes the fighter,

That's what they'll say to me, say to me, say to me, here comes the fighter."

We grinned at each other after finishing the chorus of one of our top ten songs.

After singing I remembered something.

"Oh! Today there's going to be a karaoke thing. Everyone is going, even Camp Jupiter kids." I told him.

"Can't wait for that." Percy muttered.

"I'll see you later Percy." I said, remembering what I needed to do.

"Alright then. Later, Beauty Queen."

"Don't call me that!" Before I could continue yelling at him, he slashed through the message and the last the I saw was his troublemaker smirk.

I growled at the spot where his face was and was calmed do we n by a relaxing thought. I can kill him when he comes.

I washed my hands quickly, turned off the water and quickly walked out of the Big House.

Change of plans, I wasn't looking for Jason anymore.

I had a goddess to talk to.

What goddess is Piper going to talk to? What did she mean when she lied through her teeth? Is Percy going to die? Is Darth Vader really Luke's father? Sorry ignore that last one.

Also, if the fact that their convo makes no sense it's because their ADHD gets them off topic easily. I don't know if it's true but correct me if I'm wrong.

If you don't recognize the song it's The Fighter by Gym Class Heroes. One of my top ten songs.

Most of the questions will be answered in the next chapter so stay tuned!

Don't forget to name the voices in Percy's head.

Child of Athena (girl)

child of Hades (girl)

CHILD OF POSIEDEN (boy)

CHILD OF ZEUS (boy)

Child of Hermes (boy)

CHILD OF APHRODITE (girl)

I also want 1 more person in this. So comment a name and godly parent and personality. Their writing style will be this: wassup homie?

Later demigods! :)