trece

Percy's POV

I didn't expect for Andy to stick around after I bought her another drink. I didn't expect for her to sit at my table and declare she wasn't leaving for her own good.

As she put it, "It's very rare that a super hot guy bumps into on the street and offers to buy you a drink. I'm not willing to drop this coffee for another chance at this."

I LIKE THIS GIRL.

But Andy ended up being a bit of a distraction. I had pulled out my laptop to to some school work and she decided to help me. She didn't.

She kept getting off topic and going off on tangents about TV shows and annoying people at her schools. Don't get me wrong, it's nice to interact with normal mortals who had no connection to the demigod world. It was refreshing to be honest. It got my mind off of Annabeth. But I wanted to get this work done.

Andy, however, was too good a story teller for me to do that.

"But then, you know that little bitch did?" Andy was saying. "She just went up to him and asked him to prom! The amount of stupidity that must have coursing through her veins for her to make that decision."

"She didn't!"

"She did. But I got her back prom night." The devious girl said smugly.

"What did you do?" I said excitedly. "Wait! Don't tell me. You are absolutely insane and I'm not sure I want to know."

seriously? why'd you say that?

Andy wasn't the least bit offended. In fact when I called her insane she was a bit resigned to the fact.

"Damn. I was hoping in the-" she glanced at my watch, "half hour we've been sitting here you would look past the fact that I'm quite mad."

From the angry vibes I was getting from the girls in my head, I assumed I gotten to a touchy subject.

I gave her a crooked grin trying to make up for what I said. "Don't worry about it. We're all mad here."

She gave a small smile and looked away, attempting to hide a blush.

SMOOTH.

Alice in Wonderland, huh?

We sat in a silence for a minute but it wasn't incredibly awkward but it wasn't exactly comfortable.

CAN YOU ASK WHAT SHE DID TO THAT GIRL?

I acknowledge Kayden and went to speak but my phone suddenly began having a seizure.

Andy snorted when she recognized my ringtone as 'Under the Sea' and started full out laughing when she saw the name on my screen.

My father's face appeared on my screen and he was saved as 'Guy Who Sank The Titanic'.

REAL CLASSY.

I HEARD HE WAS HAVING A BAD DAY.

I excused myself and stepped outside to take the call.

"What's up, dad?" I said, making a face at Andy who was sipping my drink.

"I hope you're working hard," he said.

I nodded. "Yeah, totally. Working extremely hard. Type, type, typing away."

Poseidon laughed. "Don't B.S. a B.S.er."

"I don't know what you mean," I said easily, looking at the passerbys warily. One woman glared and I stuck my tongue out at her.

I could hear Andy laughing inside the building.