Janu

F A L L I N G.

Bryce woke up when the sound of the metal door opened, his eyes flinching at the bright light that beheld him. At first he thought the Canadian boy would be back to get him up for his "shower" but instead it was another one. He was tall and slim like the other but looked completely different.

He had pale skin, light freckles under his ice blue eyes giving them a glow, and his hair was brown but well cut. The man had on a bullet proof vest with a dark blue t-shirt under it, black pants, and some brown hiking boots.

"Get up, you're turn to shower. Then you're gonna get your hair cut. Toonz will be back for her." His voice was stern as his gloved hands held the gun in his holster impatiently. Bryce didn't dare question him as he pulled himself out of the bed and walked in front of the other male so he could be cuffed. He'd only been in a few situations like this but it was never for days only hours–and his sister was always there to help him out by creating a distraction.

This world had been cruel to many and they were one of them. They knew it could've been crueler by letting them die and not see the day they all live but part of him felt this was only the start of something. The start of luck running out.

They were always stronger than others they ran into but now they were outnumbered and outsmarted. Every other had been stupid and left Bryce alone or fell from the traps his sister made. He had a lot of blood on his hand and she did as well.

"Here," The man handed him a towel before making his way over to the fountain and setting supplies down. "You get thirty minutes and I'm just warning you, that water is cold." He laughed a little at that as he went over and sat in the chair, reading some old gaming magazine.

As soon as he stripped down he got into the water and instantly knew that man was joking. His body began to shiver at the loss of heat.

Once he was finished cleaning himself up he stepped out and wrapped the towel around him before looking at the man who was reading the magazine still. "Can I get some clothes?" The question made him look up and raise a brow before finally shaking his head with a smile. "Yeah sorry I forgot!" Bryce watched as the man grabbed the pile of clothes next to him and held them out. Bryce grabbed them and waited till he turned around to get dressed.

After he got dressed into the long sleeved olive green shirt and blue jeans the man lead him down the long halls until they came to the Walmart hair cutting part. In there was a man using a light on his head to cut the other ones hair. Eyes squinted.

"Hey Scottie this one needs a haircut.l

The man named Scottie looked up from his friends head and nodded before shaving the last piece of the man's hair. "There you go Marcel. Lookin' like a new man already." The colored male just thanked him before stepping side and running his hands through his hair to get any loose ones off him. "Alright sit up here."

Later...

Bryce and Meg sat in the floor and looked up at the men hovering over them like bees. It was silent.

"Alright here's what we'll do. Leave the girl here with Scottie and the rest of us head out. You're gonna be stuck with me unfortunately."

"Ohm are you sure you wa–"

"I'm sure. He shouldn't be to much of a hassle. Let's go kid."

Bryce nodded and looked back to his sister who stood there with the blonde by her side. They pulled open the doors and disappeared into the fog. The sun was just now rising over the hill top and he wasn't going to lie, it was freezing cold.

"So listen I'm going to need to know your name.." Ohm whispered to him as he looked forward. "Just in case of anything happening.."

At first he thought about it but thought back to when his sister yelled his name right in front of them. Had they never listened? "Bryce." He sighed aloud. "My name is Bryce."

"Oh so your sister wasn't trying to cover up your real name?"

"No," Bryce furrowed his brow as he looked over at the fair skinned male. "Why would she?"

"We do that. Covering up our real names give us some advantages but then again..I think you've heard them call me by real name though."

Silence fell between them as they walked the highway, road covered with snow and ice. It wasn't long before they stumbled upon the store they were needing to be at.