February

S H A M E D.

Bryce stared at the man in front of him as he loaded his shotgun with a smirk plastered on his thick lips. Yesterday was the end of January due to the change in time and so fourth but it didn't seem like it. Him and his sister had been kept here for more than a week and their bond with the others had grown.

All but his and Luke's of course. The man was still against them staying here which was why Bryce intended to leave. Tomorrow night was when they headed for an escape. It would be risky but they had no other choice.

Meg had been getting closer to the main dog in this dump and he found it odd. He didn't understand how he could gain her trust so easily. Ryan had tried to talk to him but he blew him off like he was nothing. The male seemed to have taken notice of this as well.

"You ready?" Jonathan asked, pumping his shotgun so it was loaded and ready to use. The blonde nodded and grabbed his handgun before standing to his feet, he shoved his gun in his holster, and then he followed the older man out. Cool air hit him in the face and he shivered lightly in response, feeling his body tense up.

"We go in and we go out. It's simple. We haven't been down here for a while though so we may have a few of those things roaming around. Keep your guard up." Jonathan explained as they walked down the highway. "I don't feel like spending all day there either. So let's just go in and check our supplies then leave.."

"Ohm told us to get some canned goods so Smitty could cook. What exactly are we getting?"

"The only thing Smit can cook," he looked behind him with a grin. "Spaghetti."

Bryce missed the taste of spaghetti sauce and not to mention the meat but it didn't take the virus long to infect animals and other things. Like the rat he had seen snooping in the kitchen before they ended up here. It's eyes were solid white with a glazed cover to them giving it a horrifying look.

He looked at Jonathan who was holding his shotgun on his shoulder and walking at a steady pace. His ice blue eyes focused on the broken metal bar that separated the highway from a beautiful overgrown forest. Kneeling down, he let his fingertips brush against the grown weeds in the crack of the road.

"Alright so watch your step. Wildlife is a threat here..damn. You know Bryce," he paused as he hopped down. "I didn't think Ohm would let you do all this."

"Do all what?"

"Hold a gun. Come out on trips with us and let you be alone with me while holding a gun." He laughed. "Maybe it's cause you two have become close?"

"Mm, no. Ryan and I never speak–he tries but I shrug him off. I think he only lets me do this because he knows that he's got my sister.."

Jonathan nodded as he helped the blonde down the big gap. "That's true..I think he's taking a liking to you too. Ohm was never the type to be straight–hell I should know." There it was. The thing he had been waiting for.

All men have needs and sometimes it's hard to control them.

He could tell Jonathan wasn't going to carry on this conversation because his face had immediately changed. "Anyways," nailed it. "I know Luke don't want you here. He never was too keen on taking people in..neither was Ryan. You just so happened to get lucky." Bryce only chucked light heartedly at that. He knew this but the fact that it came from the man's closest companion made it taste better.

All he could think about though was what his sister has told him the other night. When that metal door blocked them from the others she muttered something with a sigh. Bryce had asked her and she told him the most dangerous thing.