Fe

D E A R M O U N T A I N S.

Bryce slammed the trunk down as he looked at his sister who was leaning against the car in her new gray sweater and jogging pants, her curly hair was pulled back into a high ponytail, and her head was covered by a black cap. "No luck. We'll have to travel on foot Meg. Grab your things." He called out to her and she nodded before grabbing her bag and throwing it over her shoulder then she tightened the straps. "Well it was nice to have some other way of travel for a while now wasn't it?" She smiled at her brother who only nodded as his hands reached over the seat to the brown bag in the drive seat.

They began to walk down the lonesome highway and Meg glanced down the rail to see the beautiful forest below them. The trees had green vines growing up them and moss had thickened itself onto the ground or some trunks. It was beautiful. Even the road itself had cracks in it with green sprouts of life.

Dear Survivors,

My name is Adam Welton. I'm a former survivor myself in this damned world so if you're reading this I'm more than likely dead or have completely turned into an infected. I've been bitten today at five o'clock sharp and have been feeling the symptoms of the infection speeding. I thought cutting off my arm would help but that's not how things work..once the virus is in your blood..it spreads within seconds.

Bryce looked to his sister who was smiling at the green nature below them. The sun was shining through to the road now that the clouds had cleared out of their view making every inch of the greens glow like earth was some fantasy world humans had yet to explore.

But that's not what I wanted to tell you. I am writing my last words because I have hope that someone will find this and listen to me. There is a survivor camp at 344 Northbound here..there's doctors, food, shelter, and most importantly there's others. I have faith it is still there and have hope someone will go. In this glove box is my ID and my map to the location..why my ID? Because I had came from that camp and in order to get in it you must have some sort of ID. Keep these letters on you to show them I allowed you to use it! I even will highlight the sentence..I can feel myself growing weaker now..hopefully you're worthy of making it..good luck.

Meg hummed as she jumped over the metal rail to catch up with her brother who was jogging on the flat land to reach their destination which would be a small town. It wasn't the biggest nor the smallest though either so they would have to be extra careful since God only knows what they'd run into anymore. They stopped once they came to a fence line, it's wooden tips poking out like a sharpened trap.

"Meg you know what to do."

"Right." She nodded as she put one foot  into her brother's palm before checking the area and throwing her bag over. Bryce listened as she struggled to pull herself over it before hearing her hit the ground with a loud thud causing a groan to escape her lips. "You okay?" He asked, pressing his ear to the fence. He could hear her let out out a small sigh in response before hearing her say, "I'll check for a chair. Hold tight."

And that's what he did. The blonde leaned against the brown fence before hearing a chair be thrown over it and having it land right in front of him. His blue eyes stared at the white plastic chair before his hands grasped it and threw it against the wall. He climbed over after the struggle and landed on his feet before having his sister give him a light smile.

"This house look good for tonight?"

"Yeah. We better get inside before anything finds us."

"Yeah, I agree to that."

She gave a pat to his back before jogging up to the back door that was glass. Her blue eyes peered into the house before she felt her brother pull her off the door and hand her a hairpin.  Meg nodded before getting on her knees and picking the lock.

"Thank god you spent time with Scottie." Bryce joked, smiling whenever the door was opened. His sister didn't say anything as she pulled out her hand gun causing him to follow the same lead. "I'll check upstairs. Let me know if you find anything okay?"