Chapter 1: Could It Be Fate?

Jennifer blasted the radio as she drove home. Another saturday night wasted because some smuck wanted to blast fires into the club. One man's girlfriend was dancing with another. They argue and one has to feel like they are bigger and badder than the other so they have to bring out their guns.

She was sick of having to leave the Phoenix early because someone can't control their so called baby mama. As Jennifer blasted the music she tried to forget about what happened a few moments earlier.

Turning through the stations on the radio, Jenn stopped on 101.9 Kiss FM. Suit & Tie by Justin Timberlake began to play through the speakers. As she rapped along to Jay-Z's verse in the song she came to stop light.

Sitting at the light, it seemed to take forever to turn. At that time she didn't know why but soon she will. The light changed a man began to walk across the street. She yelled and cursed at the bearded man. He turned around and placed his face back at the ground.

No sooner than he placed his face onto the stripped concrete a car blared through the light hitting him full on. Of course the car kept driving as if nothing had happened. Most likely a drunk driver.

Jennifer watched as the man fell onto the ground in a very compromising position. Letting out a scream, Jenn hopped out and ran to the man. She didn't know if he was alive or dead.

Approaching the bearded man the smell of garbage and dog feces. Holding her nose she began to question the man.

"Sir are you okay? Do you need to go to the hospital?"

"I'm fine. Just leave me be" He said kindly

"No you are not. Your bleeding" Jennifer said pointing to the side of his face

"Oh its nothing but a little scratch I will be fine. Trust me"

"Fine my ass. Blood is pouring out of your head. You need to get that checked out. I'm calling the police."

Grabbing hold of her hand he stopped her.

"No don't. I don't medical insurance. It will cost me a fortune. I don't even have a place to stay let alone enough money to afford some high ass medical bills." He said truthfully.

Sighing, Jenn gave in to his pleads. With one last offer Jennifer hoped he would accept.

"Well since you don't want to go to the doctors will you at least come back home with me. I can dress your scratch and make sure you are okay. It would sicken me to know that you are out here tonight and something will happen to you."

Jennifer couldn't believe what just came out her mouth. Come home with me? Had she lost her mind. This man could be a serial rapist or worse a killer. Yet some part of her wanted to trust this man.

Her mother always said that she had a soft spot of wounded and weak animals. Humans were no different. Reluncenly the smelly stranger agreed. With her help, the man hobbled onto his feet and stumbled to her car. With help he managed to sit down onto the seats.

As she drove she was mortified. This man could pull out a gun and kill her. Little did she know the derelict was thinking the same thing. Well to a certain extent. She could very well kill him. No way in hell she'd be able to rape me but if she tried I wouldn't stop her. She is beautiful. They rode in silence only listening to the sound of the tires rolling along the smooth roadway.

Pulling into her home's garage, she turned off the car and began to close the garage door. Running to the other side she stumbled on her 6in heels. Pausing, Jenn took off her shoes and threw them to the corner in frustration. The man sat in the car admiring her short stature. To him she couldn't be no more than 5'5 if even.