Chapter 2: Purple Boy Shorts & Grand Children?

Jennifer awoke the next morning to a heavy heart. All night she dreamed of the man that slept in the room next to her. She didn't know that man, so how can she think about him? Stretching a couple times she got up and walked into her bathroom. She is in need of a long shower.

Before she hopped into the shower, Jenn turned on her music. As she washed herself she sang along to Trumpets Blow by Kierra Sheard. For the longest time she didn't know that she was a gospel singer. Nor did it dawn on her that she was talking about the lord throughout the song.

Once showered and dried she threw on a pair of shorts and the tank top she was going to wear under her shirt for today. She looked down at the clock. It was 8:00. She didn't have to be to the store until 10:30. Should she put on her makeup now or later. After some thought, she decided to go on and get it out of the way.

20 minutes later her makeup was done and her hair was in a messy bun. As she walked out of the room she found Dalton asleep on the sofa. Jennifer placed the blanket she had laying over the sofa onto his sleeping form. She debated if she wanted to cook or not. Truthfully she wasn't in the mood. So therefore she decided she was going to go out and get something to eat.

Thankfully there was this little diner down the road that she can pick up something. Once her keys were in her hand she headed on her way. Her food was ordered she sat and waited. As she flipped through Whisper she heard an all too familiar voice. Jason.

"Well well well if it isn't Jennifer in the flesh."

"Jason" She said dryly

"Oh why so dry sweetheart don't you miss me?"

"Not really. Why would I miss scum?"

"Because you do."

After a moment they both broke out laughing. Jason was her childhood best friend. Gay best friend to be exact. They're caney banter started when there were in high school. She was dating someone and he had sex with them. For a while they argued but finally got over it but they vowed that when they saw each other they'd go through the same greeting over and over again.

"What are you doing up this early??" Jennifer asked.

"Getting some breakfast. I didn't get any sleep last night" He said with a double meaning.

"Lord.... Who is it?"

"Well" he started with such excitement in his voice. "You remember Jerry right?" She nodded. "Well... After months of dating he finally popped the question!" He said pulling his ring out his pocket.

"OH MY GOD!!" She screamed.

The ring was a platinum band. 12 small diamonds surrounded a very large two carat diamond. As she looked back up to him she could see the happiness in her eyes. He really loved that man with all his heart.

"Fer... I'm really happy. This man makes me... Me makes me feel like I'm the only person on this earth. He looks at me and I feel like.... That teenage boy all over again. I never thought I was gonna get married. But Jenn... I's married now. I said... I's married now!" He played.

"You know... I have never seen you this happy. I hope he keeps you this damn happy!" She cried hugging him.

"Okay okay! We have to stop crying! You're makeup is beautiful! Plus I still have to ask you if you'd be my maid of honor!"

"Now haven't we gone through this already. I told you I would!!"

"Good... Because I don't have long!"

"You have my number married man! Call me!"

"I know I know"

Talking for a little while, their orders were finished and they went their separate ways expecting calls from each other.