Chapter IX

Lilith's brooding was interrupted by a creak on the dock behind her

"Hey look fellas, it's that bitch from earlier." One inmate said.

"Didn't ya say that she was Scarecrow's?" Another asked.

"Yeah, but where is Scarecrow?" The first inmate said.

"Hmm, who knows and who cares. Let's take her to the boss." A third inmate voiced.

Lilith didn't respond to them as she continued to look out past the docks and into the ocean.

The creaking of the wooden boards started and got closer to her, but she refused to turn. Her hand itching to the device on her waist.

"If you can't make someone leave, spray them with this." Jonathan said as he held a device with a wire attached to a bracelet that had a hole at the end of the wire. He put the device with the button to spray the gas onto her pants under the suit and put the bracelet on her.

"Jonathan."

A huge, rough hand grabbed her harshly by the shoulder and went to yank her upwards to stand. She obeyed and the inmate dragged her towards the two other inmates. Once they were all three close by each other, Lilith smirked.

'Lilith,' Jonathan's voice rang through her head. 'Become my Mistress of Fear.'

She knew it wasn't really him and it was just that voice she's been hearing a lot lately, masking as him.

Lilith punched the inmate who grabbed her. And stumbled back before raising her wrist towards them, her other hand latching onto the device attached to her waist.

"Fear me."

Her finger pressed the button and the three inmates let out terrible screams for help. No one came to help them as they relive their worst nightmares.

Lilith stood smirking as she stared at the three. Her head tilted a couple of times, before she was interrupted by one of the inmates throwing himself at her she quickly grabbed him by the shoulders, before kicking him. Sending himself over the dock and into the water.

He was too caught up in his nightmare he didn't notice he was in the water. He didn't swim to safety or tried to keep his head above the water. All he was worried about was his fears. Lilith let the man drown as she walked away past the two other inmates who kept on wailing in their cries.

She became his Mistress of Fear.

Lilith headed back to Intensive Treatment, she planned on finding his hideout. She got to the elevators and went to call for one when she noticed a vent in place of the hole where the elevator placed itself in.

She proceeded to hop into the hole. Lilith walked near the vent and went to climb into it and started to crawl. She then noticed a fork. One way obviously lead to a dead end, but another kept going so she turned to go down that one. Once she made it to the end she noticed a bunch cobwebs, blueprints of the asylum, files, monitors, photographs of Batman and canisters of Fear Gas.

She jumped down and into the lair and looked around. Lilith walked further into the small room and stepped on something. She bent down to pick it up and look at it. To her surprise it was a photograph, not of Batman, but of her. It was a photograph back when it was her first day at the Asylum.

Lilith dropped the picture and continued searching, she then found a bunch of closed test tubes of Jonathan's toxin. Her hand went to her device and she took it and fiddled with it until it opened and she noticed the toxin was running empty. She then looked around and found a bigger bag like the one tied around her belt. It had a long strap attached to it so one can place it over their shoulder.

Lilith then opened the bag and put the smaller bag of the toxin carefully in it. She then put the picture of her in it and went to grab every vial of toxin she could find. With all that she felt like she needed was packed she closed the bag and put it over her shoulder and went to climb the vent out.

Her next plan of action was to go back to her office so she can stash the bag. She was glad to find her office accessible and when she entered it was messy. Debris everywhere from all the conflict of this entire night. Lilith didn't care though she walked passed it all and into her closet and she opened the door and pulled a backpack out of the closet and opened that one up and stuffed the bag around her shoulder into it to disguise it.

She then heard her office door rattle and quickly stuffed the bag back into the closet and closed the door.

"Lilith?" Daniel's voice ran out. 'Seems like he survived as well.'

"Daniel?" She called out as she moved away from the closet and back to her desk.

Relief went over his face. "Oh thank God, you're alright?"

He came over and hugged her tightly, she wrapped her arms around him disinterestedly.

"Did any one hurt you?" He asked and looked over for injuries.

Lilith stepped away from him. "No, I was completely safe." She semi-lied.

"I heard rumors around from the other surviving guards. They said you were with Scarecrow. Please don't tell me it's true."

"It's true, he held me hostage for a while, but recently let me go after he saved my life."

"Saved your life?" Daniel questioned.

"Yeah, I don't know why but all I know is that it happened and I got out of there as fast as possible." Lilith continuously lied.

"Well then, come on there's a boat that arrived not to long ago, to evacuate surviving staff."

"By the docks?" Lilith questioned.

"Yeah." Daniel nodded.

"Good to know." She mumbled before going to grab her bag from out the closet. Daniel didn't question it.

Soon her and Daniel arrived by the boat and they both got on it and went to the city away from the chaos. She was able to smuggle Jonathan's things as well.

'Batman will pay for what he has done,' Lilith thought. 'I'll make sure of it.'