Chapter 6

We sat there for a while, thinking of how the heck we can control the television to fall on the areas we want. There were four exits surrounding us, the first was a fire exit, leading to the back of the mall, where it was least likely for the Razai's to be, but it would lead us to the woods, where we didn't want to be.
The second was the one leading to the grocery store where there was a big hole in the wall, enough for us to climb through. But a wall of Razai's was guarding that.
The third was small, the one that was the safest, yet least helpful. It was a damp corridor where the shoe store used to be, leading us to a whole Razai-free opening. Except we didn't know if the opening was blocked or not by the falling cement blocks.
The fourth was the one we had entered, but it was the closest to the border, where Razai's also stationed close by.
Nobody agreed. Morgan wanted to try the grocery store, Ryan said the fire exit was the safest, Casey was taking his chances with the shoe store and I had suggested the entrance we had used.
"Look, neither of them is guaranteed Razai-free, why not take the route with resources?" Morgan argued ferociously.
We ended up negotiating. Each one of us will take our chosen route, ending up meeting at the campsite beside the border and the woods. Morgan would gather up resources, Ryan would run to the campsite to check for safety, Casey would go help Ryan, but if it was blocked, them he would use the television as a bomb and I would trace the Razai's away from the campsite. It seemed flawless, yet it wasn't.
"Let's go." Ryan urged us to move in our different directions. Morgan gave me a sad nod and I took off. The entrance was a few feet away from me. The iron was dented, enough for me to kick open. I jogged up to the door when I heard a whisper. I turned around, sure that someone was there, but nobody was. I ignored it and ran as quick as a can to the door, about to kick it, when I heard a gunshot.
  It was quiet, the air seemed to thicken the quicker I went and the more I tried, the more the door seemed to be out of reach. The air was sprayed with oxygen consuming gas, taking away air. Finally, out of breath, I looked down at my feet, my legs shaking. Then I realized that I was moving backwards. I bent down to touch the floor. It was a self activated tread mill that never ended, preventing anyone from reaching the exit. Then I heard footsteps.
I braced myself, but then remembered the television bomb. I started sprinting as fast as I can but the floor had reversed it's direction of moving. I went to the other side but the floor had followed to the opposite direction all the time.
No matter how hard I ran, the treadmill seemed to be faster than me. My eyes started watering, tears streamed down my face. I ignored the fact that Razai's could be here and collapsed onto the floor, the floor stopped abruptly. I ran my hands on the hard surface, staring at the television on the corner, out of reach.
Then it flashed on, of course, the Razai's had another hostage. I breathed in the little air that was left and stared at the screen, flashing, and fiddled angrily with a strand of hair.
The same format was up. A turned swivel chair with the Razai flag was shown, two masked people walked into the frame and one kicked the chair to the left and the other turned the chair around. The hostage was taped on the mouth and hands and legs were tied.
Then I noticed how much their eyes looked like mine. Hazel with a dark center, looking all over the place, tears filling up. The first Razai held the hostage's hands tight together to prevent escape while the second ripped the tape off her mouth.
I gaped at the person, a girl, I knew her. With messy hair and ashen face, but I still recognized her. I mean, why wouldn't I? Because it was her. Jenna.
-------------------------------------------------------

Omigosh. Jenna's alive? And the Razai seemed to have a better plan than you think. Well thought through. But does Kylie survive? And what about Morgan, Ryan and Casey? Morgan's forging through a crowd of Razai's while Ryan's exploring the woods and Casey would be trapped if the door was blocked. Oh no.
P. S. We have 46 reads now! I know its not a lot but still though like:)