Եհҽ Ҍɑӏӏ

(My life, basically ^)
Today's song...I Feel It Coming- The Weeknd ^

August 1938

"CASSIOPEIA ARA BLACK!!!"

I immediately fall to the floor and yell, "Yes, Mum?" pretending that I was awake the entire time

"Come down here, please," she replies in a soft sing-song voice.

I cautiously make my way down the stairs. Oh, bloody hell, what did I do this time? Did she notice that the cat was missing? Or that she has a bald spot (which I definitely, definitely have nothing to do with) at the back of her head? Or even worse....

I spend the long, treacherous trip down the stairs contemplating ways to get out of the house with most of my limbs intact. There are loads of windows I could throw myself out of...but there's a magical force field surrounding the house, and I don't feel like getting electrocuted. I guess I just have to hope that Mum will use a simple Killing Curse and make it quick rather than using that bloody Cruciatus Curse.

At the bottom of the stairs was my undoubtedly gorgeous hazel eyed, black haired mother. Beside her, I look like a potato. Avery Elizabeth Nott-Black, my mother, gave me a suspicious smile. "You called me, Mum?" I said, breaking the silence.

"Yes, dear," she replied, still smiling, "You are aware that today we are holding a ball AND you'll be going to Hogwarts soon?"

Here we go. This conversation again. Every year, my mother holds a Let's-All-Get-Together-So-We-Can-Marry-Off-Cassiopeia-So-That-We-Can-Continue-The-Strictly-Pure-Blood-Line-And-So-I-Can-Have-Grandchildren-Dammit-Ball, which means that I'll have to be around loads of people I don't like.

Usually, I'm forced to be in very, um, fitted ball clothing and ankle-breaking heels. You'd think that since I'm only eleven, she'd give me a break, but NOPE! Age is apparently just a number.

Also, I'll be going to Hogwarts for the first time, and Mum's really excited because I'll get to spend 'quality time' *winks* with the pure blood boys my age (according to her, they don't necessarily have to be my age, but they must have VERY close relations with the Sacred Twenty Eight).

"Yeah, Mum. I know. Why does it matter?" Mum drops her smile. "What d'you mean 'why does it matter?'" she mocks, "This is your future at stake here, and I'll be damned if you mess it up."

I sighed, "Why doesn't Orion have to get this talk?"

"Because Orion has a perfectly acceptable girl already chosen for him."

"Warburga is our second cousin, Mum!"

(A/N Can we all just take the time to ignore the fact that Orion actually did have a sister named Lucretia and a mother named Melania. I figured that Lucretia seemed like excrete for some reason, and I'm pretty sure that Melania is Donald Trump's wife. I think. Hm....Yeah, okay Google says yes. So, yeah...I'm just gonna write now. Bye. P.S.Walburga really is their second cousin *vomits*)