Ⓣⓞⓜ Ⓜⓐⓡⓥⓞⓛⓞ Ⓡⓘⓓⓓⓛⓔ

Today's song...False Alarm-The Weeknd ^

             September 5, 1943
(Oh, my baby's all grown up!)

{A/N This seems to be the cause of a lot of confusion, but in 1943 they would be fifteen, so they're now staring their fifth year}

I groan loudly as Professor Slughorn points me to my new seat...next to him. Do you ever feel like the universe just grabs you by the boob (or...man boob...) and shoves you on the ground? That's about how my day is going, so far.

Since it's our fifth day, we should be well adjusted to our new schedules by now (at least, we're supposed to). This means that from now on, we'll have a partner who's on our level of intelligence. Tom Marvolo Riddle, otherwise known as the guy girls hope to casually make out with, is officially my Potions, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Divination, Transfiguration, History of Magic, Astronomy, Care of Magical Creatures, Charms, and Arithmancy partner. (Every class)

"Black," he says as I sit down next to him.

"Riddle," I answer, refusing to look in his direction.

This is usually how our conversations go. After First Year, we never had any reason to talk. We grew up and he got more...more...well, handsome. It pains me to say it, but you have to be blind as a bat not to see it. Anyways, he got very popular and we weren't whatever we were before anymore, so he created a group of minions (which includes the idiot that I'm sure is adopted) and was like, "Out of the way, bitches, I haven't got time for losers," and started his reign of terror.

I suppose I'm over exaggerating, just a bit. We don't really fight, or anything, except for when we're competing in the classroom, of course. I'm mostly mad because I'm on my female thing, I don't have ice cream, and it makes me sad and mad at the same time....

"Would you mind stopping that?" says a deep voice from beside me.

I turn towards him and look down when he nods toward my tapping hand. I tap the table a bit harder and faster, (😂😂😂😂) just to annoy him. His emotionless face turns sour for a split second before he gets it under control.

He clears his throat a bit, "I don't believe you heard me correctly Black, so let me rephrase: stop that tapping immediately, or you will regret it."

"I heard you," I answer, smiling sweetly, "I just don't care."

His face darkens and he angrily hits the table. A few people hear the bang and turn around to see what it was, and Riddle quickly puts his hands in his lap.

He closes his eyes, takes a deep breath and says, "Two. Two More chances, Black. Don't mess with me."

I roll my eyes and start chewing on the end of my quill, "Whatever."

•••
Ⓘⓝ ⓩⓔ ⓛⓘⓑⓡⓐⓡⓨ (One week later)

I pretend to look at the titles of the books, and sing along to that Muggle song, 'When you Wish Upon a Star.' (Pinocchio came out ages ago, but I'm still hooked (It came out in 1940)).

I can feel the librarian's gaze on my back and a shudder runs through me. I don't think she fully forgave me for the time I burned a quarter of the Hogwarts Library.