CHRISTMAS TIME

Today's Song...Take Care- Drake (feat. Rihanna)^

Months have passed in the blink of an eye, so it is now currently the 24 of December, better known as Christmas Eve.

This year, Mum forced me to stay at Hogwarts in order to 'get to know Tom better.'

As a result, Tom and I are literally the only Slytherin students left, meaning that we have the Common Room all to ourselves.

...

Not that it makes any difference.

Tom is still as cold and distant as ever. Nothing has changed since the long, sweet and passionate kiss we shared only a few months back.

In fact, the day after it happened, Tom dragged me along to the library so he could research heaven-knows-what and leave me in a corner to question the meaning of life.

I sigh and look over a few feet away to see Tom across from me, reading that stupid book again. It's Christmas Eve and he's sitting around and reading?! What kind of world is he living in?

"Tom."

"Tom."

"Tom."

"Tommy."

"Tommy."

"Tommy."

I continue to say his name over and over again, making sure to poke his cheek and annoy him as much as possible. What I fail to realise, is that Tom is well accustomed to my behaviour and is practically invincible to my endless poking.

"Tommmmm," I moan helplessly, "I'm borrrreeddd."

Tom turns another page in his book, "Then go do something."

"But I have no one to play with," I answer stomping my foot and pouting childishly.

"Then play with yourself."

"...Tom, you may want to rethink that sentence."

He looked up from his book and tilted his head as if he's confused. He spends an entire minute thinking about it before he finally understands his mistake. Tom snaps his book closed and sighs, "Okay, what do you want to do?"

I jump up and squeal excitedly, "Really?!" I skip around the Common Room screaming, "Merlin, Tommy, we could have a pillow fight, tell each other secrets, or-"

"How about you go outside and play in the snow?"

In a fit of confusion and excitement, I run to the window to see the Hogwarts grounds covered in a fluffy blanket of white snow.

I squeal louder this time, and run up the steps to my dormitory, pulling on layers and layers of clothes and jumpers I find on the ground.

Pulling on a final hat, I take Tom's hand and race up the moving staircases to the front doors and laugh when the cold air stings my cheeks.

(A/N In the southeastern part of the United States we don't get real snow so I'm not really sure how it works. 🇺🇸😭)

I grab my wand out of my pocket and point it towards the snow, making it rise into loads of little balls of snow and pummel Tom repeatedly.

Tom falls from the force of the unexpected snow ball fight but quickly recovers by conjuring one giant snowball that could cover all of Vatican. At one moment, I'm running, but at the next, I'm buried under the snow like a Hobbit on a snowy mountain.