chapter 5

Darry ran past me to open the car door for me. I blushed and got in. I didn’t have to look at him to know that he was smiling, I could feel it. We cuddled while de drove and didn’t say much. When we got to the house Steve, twobit, soda, dally and pony were there. Darry and I walked to the door and stopped to kiss. He made sure his arm was around me before opening the door.

"Well what have we got here?" twobit asked. All eyes were on us, making me blush.

"What does it look like?" darry snapped, walking to the kitchen with his arm around me. "Ill cook anything you want." He told me.

"Hmm I’m not sure, I love everything you cook!"

He laughed at my stupid comment and said "alright but you’re helping."

I ended up cooking by myself. I made darry stop because he looked really tired. My dad had told me about this recipe for the perfect pizza, so I thought id make that. The recipe had been past down through my family for a very long time. I let darry see some things but hid the rest. The pizza took an hour and 45 minutes to cook and the guys started getting annoyed.

"Hey man, what’s goin on in there?" dally snapped as pony walked into the kitchen. He was about to say something, but he smelled the food and he stopped, closed his eyes and rocked back and fourth. "Mmmmmmm! What is that?!?" he asked.

I chuckled. "Old family secret. Hope you like pizza!" I took the pizza out of the oven and got beer out for everyone except soda pony and Johnny, because they didn’t drink. By the time I got back to the pizza, it was cool enough to cut. I gave the first two pieces to darry, for being the cutest  it was big enough for all of us to have four or five pieces.

Everyone thanked me and said it was the best food they’d ever had and we all pasted out watching Mickey Mouse. After a while, I woke up to find darry sitting next to me on the couch. "Hey darry" I said as I stretched.

"Hey beautiful." He said

I blushed then sighed. "I guess the guys are going back home today."

"Who?" he asked.

"Sam Charlie Adam and Ben."

"Oh… I guess this is goodbye then..." he asked looking sad.

"Actually I’m planning on buying my old house back." I said winking at him.

"You mean you’re staying in Tulsa?" he asked, his voice picking up.

"yep." I got up and went to the bathroom to wash up. When I came out, darry was in the kitchen baking a cake. I snuck up behind him and gave him a monster hug. He let out a surprised yelp and started laughing. I laughed too, squeezing tighter. Twobit came in…

"So when’s the wedding?" he joked.

"Hush" darry replied.

Twobit just stuck out his tongue and walked back out. I giggled and sat on the counter. It’s very strange to see such a muscular man baking a cake, but I’m not complaining.