chapter 6

***6 months later***
I woke up to someone pounding on my front door. I sighed and sat up, the clock said…3:00 AM?!? I ran down stairs and threw open the door.

"What?!?" I asked. Then I was who it was. "pony, soda, what are you doing here? Do you know what time it is?"

They both just kind of looked down for a minute then pony said "Darry fell off someone's roof while he was working. He's in the hospital."

Soda looked up to see my reaction. He looked me up and down with big eyes and an open mouth. I looked down to see what I was wearing. I had on a skin tight black tank top with a red push up bra, black sweat pants, no shoes, and you could see my belly button ring. Awkward.

"Um, let me change real fast. Make yourself at home." I ran upstairs and threw on an oversized sweater (a cute off the shoulder one) and a pair of skinny jeans. Now the hunt was on. Where were my shoes? I was about to give up and go barefoot, when I found a pair of black knee high heeled boots. As I ran down the stairs I put my hair into a messy pony tail.

"Damn you sure look pretty." A voice said when I walked outside, "Darry'll feel better the second he sees you!" twobit came out from the bushes next to my house. I didn’t ask what he was doing…im sure he had to pee…
"aw thanks twobit!" I blushed then got in the car. Soda drove up to the hospital and we went up to darrys room. he was hurt pretty bad. Broken arm, leg and a few ribs. Plus the fall knocked him out and he hasn’t woken up yet. We gathered around him and I sat on the edge of the bed. I reached over and grabbed his hand, making his eyes shoot open.

"w-whats going on? Where am i?" he asked, looking only at me.

"youre in the hospital." I started tears in my eyes, "you fell off that roof you were fixin." I couldn’t stand to look at him for one more second; he was in so much pain. I looked at the ground while everyone talked, successfully becoming invisible. Until I heard an all too familiar voice from the past come from the hall. Without a word, I slipped out of the room and closed the door behind me. I knew she was right around the corner so I sat there to listen to her conversation without her knowing. I peeked, just to make sure. Yep, that’s sodas ex, sandy. She was on the phone.

""hey" she said to the person on the phone, "I know Im supposed to be in Florida but-"she got cut off by the person on the phone. "shut up and listen to me!" she shouted, then realized people could hear so she lowered her voice. "I wanted soda back, so I drove to Tulsa to find him. But I found his brother, darry instead. He was roofing houses so I climbed the latter and pushed him off the roof!" then silence. Then she continued, "haha no, he didn’t see me, I was behind him, how could he? Now sodas defense will be down so I can comfort him."

My eyes filled up with rage. She could have killed my boyfriend-and shes trying to use soda and hurt him … again … well, I have this little problem called a bad temper. It didn’t come out often, but when it did, things were smashed, and I usually ended up getting arrested. It all seemed like slow motion. I got up and walked over to her.

"Delilah, is that you?" sandy asked, pretending to be happy.

"WHAT THE HELL DID YOU JUST SAY ON THAT PHONE?!?" my voice was quite, but filled with uncontrolled rage. She tried to run, but I grabbed her arm and turned her around. Before she could react, I punched her in the face as hard as I could. She fell down, but quickly got up again. She tried to hit me back so I blocked my face and then hit her again. I was still holding on to her arm, so when I tried to hit her a third time she pulled my hair. I reached my free hand around to get her off my hair and she bit my arm. (Really?) I could feel her teeth going through my skin, blood pouring everywhere. I kicked her in the stomach-hard. She just had her baby, so it REALLY must have hurt. She stopped fighting. I grabbed her by the hair and started dragging her to darrys room. When I got there, all eyes were on me and the bloody blonde, and no one was talking.

"Sandy! What the hell?" he seemed pretty upset but at who I wasn’t sure.

"tell them" I demanded.

"tell us what?"the gang asked.

"I don’t know what youre talking about!"she lied.

I punched her again and she gave in.

"FINE!" she screeched, "I pushed darry off the roof so I could comfort soda and hed take me back! i didn’t think hed get this hurt!" sandy was covered in blood… when she was done confessing, I let go of her and she ran off as the guys yelled after her.