chapter 12

A few days had gone by and all we did was snuggle and were always close. It was honestly the best time of my life, and I couldn’t stop smiling. I loved seeing his soft side, because he'd never show it in front of the gang. It was a shame too, because it really was lovely to see him so soft and vulnerable. Today we decided to go to the beach. We set down our towel and got out the football. Darry and I played football at the beach and he pretended to fall every time I attempted to tackle him. A few hours went by when all of a sudden, I felt really strange like I was on a boat or something. I got dizzy and everything went black.

Darry's Point Of View

What the hell happened? She was fine ten seconds ago and now she's knocked out, maybe worse? All I know is that I need to get her to the hospital. I picked her up and held her close, smelling her sweet skin. I ran as hard as I could but it didn’t seem hard enough. I finally got us to the hospital and they took her to a room that I wasn’t allowed in. It made me really uneasy; not being able to see what was going on. All I wanted was to hold her close and keep her safe from the world. Delilah is the most beautiful woman I've ever met, inside and out. All I want is for her to be ok and to wake up so we can leave. They did a bunch of tests on her and I was getting really worried.

Finally the nurse came out "Mr. Curtis?" she asked.

"Yes?"I stood and walked to the nurse.

"Mr. Curtis, are you aware that your wife is pregnant?"

I was in shock. "W-what?"

"Yes, about a month pregnant. It looks like her body was overworked and caused her to pass out. She was also extremely dehydrated, but we're taking care of that. She will bed rest for the next 24 hours and will need to drink as many fluids as she can get. You can go see her now if you'd like. Room 300. You're free to leave when she's ready." She said to me.

I walked in the room as Delilah was waking up. She looked at me like she didn’t know where she was. "Delilah, has the nurse talked to you at all?" I asked.

"No, no one has. I just woke up. Am I sick? What's going on?? She asked me, a little alarmed.

No nothing like that." I answered "well I have some big news." I said.

Delilah's Point Of View

What could possibly be the big news? I was in a hospital bed. Who goes to the hospital when something good happens? "Big news?" I asked.

Darry smiled and sat on the edge of my bed. He just looked in my eyes and put his hands on my lower stomach.

"A-are you saying…?" I started.

"You're pregnant! About a month in!" he shouted with pure joy.

'…pregnant? How could I be pregnant for an entire month and not know it? Oh my god, I'm going to be a terrible mother!' I thought to myself. I started crying and I guess darry thought they were tears of joy, because the laughed, hugged me, and started crying too.

"come on," he said, "lets get you out of here."

He carried me to the bus stop and we rode it back to the beach house. He carried me all the way to the bed and tucked me in.

"im going to get you some water." He said. He came back in the room a few seconds later and handed me a full glass of water. I drank it in one gulp and put the cup down. "thanks." I said.

He got in bed next to me and covered us with it.

"So, boy or girl?" he asked.

"what?" I asked.

"the baby. Do you think it’s a boy or a girl?"

"No, I'm not tired." I paused for a few seconds. "I'm going to be a terrible mother! I didn’t even know I was pregnant. I failed at the first possible thing of being a mother. What if I killed it? What if I drop it or lose-"

Darry cut me off with his finger. "You will be a fantastic mother. Don’t ever question that." He said before kissing me.

I put my hand on my stomach and held my child for the first time.