chapter 10

We woke up in each other's arms. I woke up first, but as soon as I started to move, darry woke up. I kissed him and got out of bed. I went to the bathroom and got in the shower. When I was done, I turned off the water and reached around the curtain to get a towel. Once I was dry and covered, I opened the shower curtain only to find soda brushing his teeth.

"Oh, sorry…I didn’t hear the shower…" soda blushed.

"its ok, you didn’t know." I said walking out of the bathroom to darrys room. He seemed to be asleep, so I dropped my towel and started to get dressed. I heard a noise so I hurried up then turned around.

"haha sorry babe, I had to watch." Darry said winking at me.

"ugh!" I yelled, jumping on top of him and tickling his sides. Eventually, he pushed me off and we snuggled.

"Do you want to go on a date with me?" darry asked.

"sure, when?"

"a few hours."

I grabbed a dress out of my bag and threw it on. Then I grabbed my purse and went to the bathroom to do my hair and makeup. Oh crap! I thought, looking down at my legs. I skipped a day shaving, so I grabbed my razor and got rid of the stubble. I threw on my shoes and went to the living room, where the whole gang was. I got cheers and whistles –I loved it, but darry didn’t seem to- . when we left, he walked behind me so the car, so the gang wouldn’t watch my butt as I walked. He wouldn’t tell me where we were going so I paid attention to the road to try to figure it out. We drove out of the greaser part of town, then past the soc part of town, until we were in the country. No greasers, no socs, just the two of us. We went to a small restaurant. When we got inside, my jaw dropped. It was beautiful. There was even someone playing the cello. We sat down and ordered. After we ate, we stayed to talk laugh and drink.

Darry then walked over to my seat, got on one knee and while looking me in the eyes, said "will you marry me?"

Everyone in the crowded restaurant grew silent and waited for my answer.

"yes!" I said. I let him put the ring on my finger. When he stood up I jumped into his arms and we kissed. Everyone in the restaurant clapped and cheered.

We walked to the car, hand in hand. When we got in, I sat on his lap the whole way to the house. I was so happy, I was smiling ear to ear. When we got to the house, everyone had either left or gone to sleep, so I wrapped my arms around darry and wrapped my legs around his waist. He carried me to the bedroom. We kissed the whole way to the bed, smiles on our faces.