Chapter 14: Key to Matur-ism

Chapter 14-Key to Matur-ism

"Let's see, junk, junk, and more junk. Oooh a letter from mom and dad!" said Sakura as she flipped through the morning mail.

"Huh? What's this?" She bent down by her door to pick up a little cardboard box. On it, it said 'To Sakura, Love Mom and Dad.'

"I'll read the card first then." She said to herself as she went to the kitchen. The envelope from her parents was thick. It was still too early to walk to school.

"Look! I got a letter from mom and dad! I wonder what's inside?" She said to her cat, and opened the envelope with a knife. She dug around the contents and pulled out a thick wad of cash. "Whoa, they're sure getting rich...."

Sakura pulled out the letter as she took a deep breath and read the letter out loud.

To our dear Cherry Blossom,

Hi dear, how are you and Yuki? We missed you both very much. Your dad and I are still working in LA. Although it is not permanent, money is always plentiful. But even if that's a fact we still have to work in order to raise you. We have sent more than enough to you, and hope you spend them well. Of course we know you do, but don't be too stingy, so treat yourself once in a while. It pains us knowing that you live all by yourself in that house of ours. We blame ourselves every so often for being bad parents, but to our disappointment it could not be helped.

We are very grateful having you as our daughter and we just want you to know that we love ;you always.

Regarding you 17th birthday, we have decided to give you something that will be useful in the future. Happy late birthday our dear Sakura! Take good care of it, and knowing you as a social type I'm sure your friends will teach you how to use it. I hope you gift is still "in" at your age. Good luck, and pass!

With love,

Mom and Dad

PS. Open the box first before going outside. And be sure that "special boy" is taking a good care of you. Gaara said he'll get a good beating from him if he doesn't. He sends his love too. You are after all 17, and its time you get some good bondings. : ) Won't tease you too much, hope you enjoy your present!

"MOM!" She said angrily at the thought of her having a boyfriend. "Hmph." She turned her attention to the box. Good luck and pass? What does she mean?

She grabbed her backpack and the box, heading for the door. She said to open it before going out.

Slowly she unfolded the small box revealing a key. To be more specific a....

(AN: Guess first what her present is going to be...!)

"Oh my god!" She exclaimed and ran out the door. In front of her was a silver Mercedes convertible. "They got me a car!" She gasped out, her heart was pounding hard. She noticed a piece of paper attached to the wind shield, she quickly ripped it a part and read it:

July 10th Writing Test

July 15th Driving Test

We already booked everything for you Sakura so don't worry, everything is scheduled.

"What do you have there Sakura?" a voice suddenly popped in her frantic mind out of nowhere. She gasped and turned around. "Sasuke..." He was sitting on his motorcycle. "Why do you have a car in your drive way?" he asked curiously.

Sakura calmed herself down before talking. "I-It's my late birthday gift from my parents."

"No way! You mean your going to learn how to drive!" He asked incredulously.