Chapter One: You have got to be kidding me!

Annabelle's Prov: 

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP

I groaned as I heard this. I am definitely not a morning person. I have had people tell me that as you get older your more use to waking up early. Well let me tell you right now that is a lie. I am now twenty-four years old and I don't feel any more inclined to get up early, then I did twenty years ago. And I honestly don't think I ever will. I reached over and pushed the off button on my clock. I took a deep breath before removing my blanket from my body. I got off of my bed and walked into my bathroom starting the shower. 

I got undressed and stepped in. I moaned in pleasure as the hot water warmed my body. I loved the way a shower made me feel. I felt like a snake shedding it's skin. I was getting rid of all the things that happened yesterday, and was making room for what was going to happen today. I showered and got out quickly. Because even though I love showers, I didn't like to stay in them for to long. I hated having wrinkly fingers. I walked back  into my room and got dressed. It looked like today was going to be a long hot one, so I definitely wanted to wear something that I could work comfortably in. I decided on a pair of jean shorts, and a blue shirt, omething simple and comfty. I put my curly hair into a french braid and called it good. 

I wasn't someone who usually dressed up. Maybe it was just because it wasn't something many of the people I was around did. You see I lived in a small town, the kind of town you would see in Gilmore girls. A place where literally everyone knew everything about you. And you knew everyone, and everything about them. Which meant I never had any reason to dress up. And even if I did, I wouldn't want to. I wasn't a dressy kind of girl. I was a tom boy kind of girl. I mean I wore lip gloss and mascara here and there. And when it was needed I wore a dress. So I was pretty much in between girly girl, and tom boy. 

I walked down the hall until I reached my father's door, and knocked on it. "Dad are you up?" I asked as I knocked. I waited a moment before knocking again. "Dad."

"You know I am always up before you." I quickly spun around clutched where my heart was. 

"Dad really, damn." I took a deep breath calming my nerves. 

"Come on sweet heart, you know that I am up with the birds." My father explained to me. I only rolled my eyes at his words. 

"Yes dad I do know this, but your usually in your room until I come by." I countered. He smiled at my words. 

"Well you see I just have a feeling today is going to be a good one. So I got a head start on it, let me show you what I have worked on, and finally finished." I followed my father as he lead me down the hall back to where my room was. He opened the door that was across from me. I walked in and was surprised to see the room we had used for storage, had been turned into an extra bedroom. 

"Wow dad, this looks amazing. I haven't even noticed you doing this. How long did it take?" I asked him as I walked in the room.

"About a week." I nodded my head at his words. I was really impressed, this wasn't something my father usually did. I mean  he was a hard working man, and very handy. But to just up and change  a storage room into a guess room? Wasn't something I could ever see my father doing.

"What made you want to do this. It's great really dad, just not something I knew you really wanted to do." I questioned him as I turned back to look at him.

"Well sweet heart I thought it would be nice to have an extra bedroom up here. Your never know what is going to happen. We may need it one day." I nodded my head in agreement with him. It was nice to have an extra room.

"Well you did great dad. I still can't believe I didn't notice you doing this." I admitted to him. He laughed at my words and shook his head.

"Your just like your mom, a complete space cadet. You watched me bring in the bed the other day, don't you remember?" He questioned me. I stood there for a moment thinking about what he said. Shit! He was right, I did see him carry the bed in.