Chapter Two: This was going to be interesting!

Annabelle's Prov:

About ten minutes, that is how long I have been sitting on the floor of my office. And that is how long it took I before someone came to bug me. There was a knock at the door causing me to sigh. I really didn't want to deal with anything work related at the moment, considering Carter was out there, but I reminded myself that I had a business to take care of. I got off the floor and opened the door. There stood Brittany looking at me with sympathy. I could almost cry at the sight of her. This is what I loved about Brittany, she was always there for me when I needed her.

"Are you okay?" She asked me. I shook my head no as I ushered her into the room, then closing the door behind us. "I don't know how I am going to be able to stand to be around him Brittany. What the hell was my dad thinking?" I questioned her as I started to pace.

"He was probably thinking Carter is a nice guy, and that it's truly not his fault for what happened."

I sighed at her words. "I know it isn't his fault, and I know that he technically had nothing to do with what happened. But that doesn't make it any easier to be around him." I admitted to her. She nodded her head at my words.

"I know hun, I mean I can guess how hard it is. You never truly know how if feels unless it has happened to you." I nodded my head at her words. It was so true, you don't know how someone feels, unless you have gone though exactly what they have. That's why no one should ever judge anyone, you don't know what that person has gone threw.

"I know it's been a few years, and I know I should be better at this, better at being able to cope with it, but it's just so hard sometimes. To just push what happened behind me and move on. Sometimes I wonder if it is even possible to get over it."

"I know it is hun, trust me I know. Just take it one day at a time. That's all you can really do." I nodded my head at her words.

"I should probably get back out there."

"Yeah you should. Mrs. Chambers has been asking were here favorite student is." I laughed at Brittany's words. Mrs. Chambers said everyone was her favorite student. But none of us said anything to her about it, because we all knew that in her mind, we truly were all her favorites.

"Alright then, I shouldn't keep her waiting. And the longer I stay in here, the harder it is going to be to leave." Brittany walked over to the door and opened it. She patiently waited for me to go before she did. I took a deep breath and found myself walking back out into the restaurant and to where Mrs. Chambers usual table is.

"Mrs. Chambers, ladies how are you all doing today?" I questioned her as I got closer to where she and her friends were.

"I am doing quit well, consider I get some new eye candy to look at." Mrs. Turcotte said with a devilish smile.

"Margrett you are a married women." Ms. Young reminded her.

"And? I am only admiring what the god lord graced us with." Mrs. Turcotte responded. I laughed at her words. Mrs. Turcotte has always been a flirty women. For as long as I can remember she flirted with my father, and any male staff member that has worked here. The men love it when she does it, she boost their ego.

"You have got that right. If the lord has put it in front of us, then why not take the time to admire it." Mrs. Duncan added. Her and Mrs. Turcotte high fived one another and shared a laugh.

"You two are so much trouble, honestly." Mrs. Chambers said to them with a smile. She may act annoyed by there antics, but I knew she would be lost without them. She then turned to look at me. "As for your question I am doing amazing my dear, how are you doing today? I heard there was a new addition to the crew." I rolled my eyes at her last words.