Chapter Six: But maybe I dreamt it! Did I?

Annabelle's Prov:

An hour later and I am feeling just as shitty as I did before, but I think it is worse now. Everything that happened today was clouding my head and I felt like I was going to explode. I mean Brittany and I never argued anyway. And when we did it was over stupid shit. This was a bad one, one didn't know how we were going to recover from. And that mad me feel a hundred times worse. I wasn't pissed that she was pregnant or engaged. I was actually really happy about it, but I can't believe she wouldn't tell me. I mean she was basically my sister, we told each other everything, or we use to. 

"Belle." I heard Carter say from the other side of the door bringing me out of my thoughts. I sighed as I heard him speak.

"Go away Carter, I honestly don't have the energy to deal with you right now." I said as I took another swig of the alcohol I was drinking, and turned to look out my bay window. Making a mental note to remove them from our inventory and restock them. My door to my room opened and I knew Carter had just invited himself in.  

"I said go away Carter." I said to him, not bothering to look at him.

"I can't do that Belle and you know that." I scuffed at his words.

"And why can't you. I mean would you like to tell me how self centered I am some more. Or how much of a bitch I am. Or better yet." I said as turned to look at him. "Any more secrets, I mean they might as well all come out now." Carter winced at my words.

"Annabelle I am sorry, I didn't know. I mean not about Brittany I did know about that. But about, you know." I sighed at his words. I knew he didn't know when he had said what he said. There was no way someone would say you need to get laid to someone who has been raped. If so then your an asshole, and Carter was not a asshole.

"I know you didn't. Well now I know you didn't." I watched as he walked over to where I was and sat down.

"I'm sorry Belle, you don't know how sorry I am. And how pissed, if I would have known there is no way my brother would have gotten away with it. I can't believe he even did something like that. I'm so sorry." I sighed at his words and shook my head.

"I think I liked you better when you didn't know." I told him as I got off the bay window area. "Because I hate that look your giving me right now." I said to me as him pointed at him, then took a huge sip of the Captain Morgan bottle  I had. I could see Carter wince as I did so.

"What look?" He asked me.

"The look that everyone who gives someone who has been raped with they first find out. The same look you would give someone who has cancer, or someone who has lost somebody. The look of guilt and sadness. A look that literally screams I'm sorry, and makes you relive every horrible moment that you went threw. You feel sorry for me now, because I'm damages goods." I said as I took another huge sip.

"Annabelle I don't think your damaged, and I'm sorry I look like I feel sorry for you. But it is probably because I do"

"Well stop, stop feeling sorry for me."

"I can't." He said to me as clenched his jaw some.

"And why can't you? Huh?" He stood up at my words.

"Because if I don't feel sorry for you right now I am going to feel anger. Anger towards the system, anger towards my family, but most importantly anger towards my ass hole brother. And if I feel that anger I am going to punch a hole into my brothers face. So right now all I can feel is sorry. I'm so sorry Belle." I shook my head at his words.

"I don't want you to feel sorry for me. Everyone feels sorry for me. That's why I liked you most Carter. I know I put up a big game about hating you. But you treating me like a normal person was the best feeling in the world. One I haven't been able to feel in a while. Because everyone in this fucking town looks at me with sorrow. It may not be an all the time, but it's there and I hate it. It's the same reason why my best friend felt like she couldn't tell me she was pregnant and engaged. " I admitted to him with a cry as I finished off my bottle of Captain Morgan. I sighed when I noticed it was completely gone.