Chapter Eight: No one said life would be this hard.

Carter's Prov:

It was now closing time and I couldn't be more thankful for that. I was really to get out of work and just relax.

"Bye Carter have a good night." I turned and saw Annie leaving. She still wasn't much of a talker, but she got her job done and that is all that mattered to me.

"Goodnight Annie, do you want me to walk you to your car?" She shock her head and smiled at me.

"Nahhh this is a pretty safe area, and my friend is waiting just outside the door." I looked out a realized that there was a car outside.

"Okay well have a goodnight."

"You as well, and Carter?"

"Yeah."

"Thanks for offering." I smiled at her and walked her over to the door.

"Of course anytime Annie." I explained to her as I closed the door behind her and locked it. Now to see what the girls were up to. I knew they were going to get out of the room, I didn't intend to keep them there forever, I just knew they needed some time to get over their stubborn ways and talk to one another. I started to walk up the stairs that lead to the house.

"Hold on man, wait up." I heard Marco say. He walked up to where I was.

"Hey man what's up?" I asked him, he pointed to the top of the stairs.

"Annabelle texted me and asked me to come and get Brittany." I gave him a questionable look.

"Is she okay?" I questioned him as we walked into the house.

"Because she passed out." Marco answered as we walked into the living room to find a passed out Brittany. I couldn't help but chuckle at how she was asleep, she was literally scrawled out across the couch and was half on it, half off of it.

"She keeps pushing herself off like that." Annabelle said as she entered the room pushing Brittany back onto the couch fully.

"Yeah she has been sleeping weird like that lately, she says the baby makes her restless and being in those awkward positions makes her sleep better." Annabelle laughed at his words.

"Well we can't say our girl isn't a work of art." She said with a laugh. "Thanks for coming to get her by the way, she said she would be fine for the night, but she's been out for a while and hasn't been feeling so good. I thought she would sleep better at home."

"No problem at all, and she will appreciate it in the morning when her back isn't killing her. " Marco joked as he walked over to where Brittany was and got down so he was eye level with her. "Brittany baby it's time to go home." He said as he shook her some. She didn't move but moaned. "Baby it is time for us to go." Marco pushed her more gently but forcefully.

"I don't want to, I want to finish the night here." She groaned out. I laughed at her words. "It's not funny Carter and I am still mad at you." She said as she picked her head up some to look at me.

"Hey there is no way that your mad at me, I mean I am the one who made it possible for you two to even be in the same room as one another." I defended with a smile, Brittany shook her head at me.

"Fine, I'm not mad at you, but one day I am going to look you in a room with someone your not getting along with." Brittany threatened as she got up off the couch. Annabelle laughed at her words and walked over to where she was.

"I second that." She said as she reached Brittany. They smiled at each other and shared a moment. "Never again right?"

"Never!" Brittany said as she grabbed Annabelle and hugged her. I smiled at their actions. Annabelle stepped back and smiled at Brittany.