Chapter Seven: Why don't emotions have an off switch?

Annabelle's Prvo:

I woke up to the sound of my alarm going off. I couldn't help moan as I heard it go off. I reached over  and clicking it off. That's when I heard another moan behind me. And for the first time I realized that there was an arm draped over my body. I slowly looked behind me to see Carter sleeping soundly beside me with no shirt on. Wait I quickly got up causing my head to spin. Did I sleep with Carter last night, was the only thing I could think about at the moment. I tried to think about last nights event, but I didn't remember anything past us being in the kitchen. God I drank way to much last night. I looked down and realized I still had my clothes on which meant there was no way in hell we had sex.

I moaned as I felt my headache worsen. I looked on my night stand and there was the water and tynole. I was beyond thankful for it being there. I took the pills and got off the bed walking into the kitchen and living room area. I expected it to be a mess from what I remember. But it was all clean. All the bottles were gone, and the games were all put away. The food and dishes that he was cooking with were gone. Everything was completely clean. I don't remember cleaning up at all. Actually the last thing I remember was leaving the kitchen pissed off at Carter.

So he must have cleaned all this up. I could believe he did everything he did last night or that I relied on him that much. I never relied on anyone, because I hated doing so. There was only a few people in my life that I relied on or trusted with my life that weren't blood related. That was Brittany,  Marco, Tommy, and Chris. Don't get me wrong, I trust and love all my staff like family. But those four plus my dad were my life. I could go to them with anything, and I know they would be here for me. It was weird to have someone else be doing those things for me.

I walked over to the fridge and took out some fruit for a smoothie. The best cure for a hangover I believe, but that could all be in my head.

"Good morning." I jumped at Carter's voice. I turned to look at him.

"Good morning." I said to him quickly and turned back to making my smoothie. I don't know why, but suddenly I felt nervous around him but I did, and I didn't like it.

"Your up early for someone who was beyond wasted last night." Carter said to me as he walked over to where I was standing beside me watching me make my smoothie. I nodded my head at his words.

"Yeah well duty calls."

"You could have taken the morning off, I would have covered everything. I am working today anyway." He reassured me.

"It's all good, I don't like miss working anyway. And it's my fault for getting so drunk anyway." I Explained to him as I walked over to the freezer getting some ice. He followed me as I did so.

"Yeah but you have a co-owner now, you know you don't need to always be at work. Or if you wanted to take an extra day off you can. I'm here for you."

"I know you are, but I have been doing this for a while now. Trust me before you know everything that happened I went out a partied a lot. I was the queen of work hard play hard." I explained to him. Carter laughed at my words.

"Okay almighty queen I can see that now. What's the deal with the smoothies though. I would think you'd want coffee." I made a face at his words.

"Blahhh I hate coffee, and whenever I get drunk and there is a hangover involved.  I always make a fruit smoothies the next day. They make me feel better." He nodded his head at my words.

"Really and why is that?" I shrugged my shoulders at his words as I started the blender.

"I don't know, I mean I gave one to Brittany and Chris once when we were all hungover and they said it did nothing to help them. They said it was the best smoothie they have ever had, but it didn't help their hangovers."