Chapter 5

The boat was moving when I got out of the bed. I looked out a small window and looked out the the turquoise sea. The waves were calm. The color reminded me of Hook's eyes.

I was extremely confused. I think Peter likes me, and I honestly do like him too. But I have this feeling for Hook. I should probably stop trying to feel it though, but I'm not sure why.

I got out of the captain's quarters to be greeted by the two boys. They both smiled warmly in their own way and Peter ran up to me and planted a kiss on my cheek.

I blushed and stared at Hook, looking for a response, but he turned away, uninterested.

"We'll get there by tomorrow, Zoe," Peter announced and flew up the mast.

"Sounds good," I commented.

Hook let go of the ships wheel and walked over to join us. He started shining his hook with a handkerchief.

"I have biscuits and butter and some dried beef if you guys feel like eating anything. We could have a nice breakfast." He proposed.

"Yeah, I haven't eaten anything in a while." Peter reported as if it was necessary.

I nodded to agree and Hook went downstairs on his ship and brought back a small table. He called Peter to grab some chairs while he gathered the food. I stood awkwardly on deck, waiting for the boys to finish their preparation.

They were all set up, and Hook pulled out a chair and motioned for me to sit on it. I bowed my head to say 'thank you', and he sat on one side of me while Peter sat on the other. This situation felt extremely uncomfortable.

I chuckled nervously in the awkward silence. "Any interesting stories you have to tell me?"

Hook and Peter stared at each other and smiled and agreed mentally to tell this amazing tale that they experienced together. It was fascinating.

After our bland breakfast, Peter decided that he felt a little restricted on the ship, so he declared that he was going to take a swim and fly off nearby.

Hook and I were soon alone on the ship. Hook went back to take the wheel on the ship and I followed him. He stared forward, focused and checked a bronze compass a couple of times.

I settled on a railing near the wheel.

"So," I blurted out awkwardly.

Hook turned to face me and smirked. "So," he repeated, continuing to steer the ship.

"How are you?" I asked.

"I'm fine, and you?" He responded.

"Fine, fine," I said trying to sound as proper as him.

He chuckled and locked the wheel in place.

"Do you want to change out of your clothes?" He asked.

Baffled, I stuttered,"I- uh, w-what do you mean?"

He laughed at how taken aback I was. "Not like that, m'lady, though if the offer is on the table..."

I narrowed my eyes and grinned. I shook my head teasingly.

"I doubted that it was." He began. "I have women's clothes in a chest in my quarters. They're extravagant. I usually find them in the treasures I find, they're worth a lot in some places. Here, come."

Hook took my hand again and lead me into the familiar quarters. He opened the chest and I looked inside.

Extravagant was the best word to describe it. The dresses were old-timey, lined with pearls and rubies and made of fine silks.