Chapter 11

It wasn't hard to fall asleep again. I think I was eager to get Neverland back into my mind-to get Hook back into my mind. My family and friends were the second thing in my thoughts but Hook was more important.

The tickle of tears trickling down my face woke me up. I dreamed of nothing. But my subconscious was finally realizing the reality that Hook didn't even exist. So I opened my heavy eyes and cried some more. My loud sobs echoed throughout the room, and it felt like I had been crying forever.

"Zoe."

I hadn't realized that Dr. Hale had walked into my room. I suppressed my crying, and wiped away my tears. The crying had stopped but my breath was still stiff and quick and in hiccups.

"Darling are you sure don't want to rest more? You don't seem fit for other contact." Dr. Hale moved a couple of strands of hair away from my face.

"N-no... I'm fine," I hiccuped.

"Why are you so upset hun? You're family and friends are visiting you today."

My family? My friends?

"They are?" I mumbled.

"Yes."

I didn't think it was safe to say that I remembered them, but I know I will once I see them again. In the subject of remembering, I was reminded of what happened to me as the pain in my side emerged once more.

I was walking down the street laughing with another person, although I don't recall who. But we were holding hands, and it all went so fast, but this white car was driving down the road as we were crossing. I know for a fact that it was a red light for the car, but it didn't slow down, and I was partially distracted by the person I was with. And once it was close enough for the both of us to realize that the car wasn't coming to a halt, I was stunned by it's headlights, much like a deer who would be paralyzed in the same situation. The person I was with pulled me, but I didn't move until it was too late.

"Do you know who did this to me? Or why they would do it?" I asked.

"Unfortunately, no I do not. We did find out what kind of car it was due to the part that was lodged into your side, but it was a hit-and-run. The camera's on the street weren't working during that time, and the car didn't stop after it hit you, so we've had a hard time trying to find who owns it."

"Oh." That was all I could say.

"Why don't you freshen up? Visiting hours are soon."

Dr.Hale put her hand on my arm in effort to comfort me, and gave me a small smile before she got up and left.

I sat in the hospital bed for a while, Just thinking numbly before I decided to get back up. Pained etched throughout my body as moved out of the bed. I forgot that I hadn't "walked" in seven months, or even move altogether. My legs were revealed from under the thin sheets; bony and skinny, only being kept nourished by the IV's that were put on my body.

Speaking of, the IV's must've been disconnected while I was asleep because I wasn't being held back from walking by the wires.

Walking was almost alien to me. It was bizarre that I had almost forgot to carry my own weight. I was also extremely week; my muscles had not been exercised till this point.

But they had been hadn't they? I ran around all the time in Neverland, It was all so real.

So I stumbled through a door which led me into the small bathroom, refused to look at my ill body, and sat in the shower, letting the warmth and water wash away my filth and worries. I spend about an hour in there, washing and thinking before I got up.

I wobbled to the sink, where there was a change of clothes neatly folded for me, instead of the thin hospital gown I had worn before. It was my favorite pair of PJ's. The black t-shirt and the fluffy plaid pants.

The tears came, but they came softly, and I held my breath as I put the shirt and the pants on,which were surprisingly heavier and larger than their original fit. I sniffled a little and stopped the tears and just hugged myself and the all too familiar clothes.

I walked back to my room to find... My mom and dad staring at me.

"Z-Zoe..." My mother stuttered in disbelief.

I remembered her and every memory associated with her. Even though she had gray roots in her hair, it was still that same vibrant brown as I remember, and she had the same warm brown eyes as she always did except they had tears in them.

And my dad, he just smiled, I remembered everything with him as well. His curly brown hair was messier than usual, and his gray eyes shined warmly.

"Welcome back kiddo, it's been a long time." He said, they both came towards me and hugged me for a good ten minutes and planted kisses all over my face.

We were catching up, when the sensation of hunger came over me. It was alien to hear my stomach rumble.

"Oh are you hungry, Zoe? We'll get some food in you darlin' you need it. We'll be in the cafeteria, your friends should be coming up soon."

They left the room and I was left alone once again. But I felt so much better, finally knowing where I belong.

Sure enough, a couple moments after, I heard a knock at my door. Although it wasn't my parents this time.

"Zoe?" The boy popped his head in and my heart stopped.

He had dark ginger hair, a green hoodie on, and jeans with converse.

"Peter?" I almost choked.

"Uh, no it's Phil, but close enough." He chuckled and came towards me, and then I remembered him.

"Phil..." I said recalling the boy who I once called my boyfriend, but even before that we were great friends, and stayed that way after we broke up.

"It's good to see you again, you haven't really changed." He said and stuffed his hands in his hoodie pockets nervously.

"We missed you Zoe," he mumbled sadly.

"It's great to see you again Phil I missed you too." I smiled and he smiled back and gave me a huge hug. I couldn't help but compare him to Peter. They were identical.

Two girls then walked in. One had blonde hair in a bun and was wearing a baby blue crop top and shorts with flats. The other had raven-black hair held back with a red headband that had a bow on it, and wore a royal blue shirt with a yellow skater skirt and a white cardigan. Her red flats stood out along with her headband.

"Cindy? Snow?" I asked shocked, and in awe.

"Cynthia, she remembers us!" The dark-haired one remarked.

"Of course she does, Samantha. She called us by our nicknames, she's our best friend remember? Maybe you're the one that just came out of a coma." The blonde one sharply responded.

The two girls were my best friends. I remembered everything. They too, were identical to Snow White and Cinderella from Neverland. If my brain associated these people with the people from Neverland, that must mean...

My heart raced as I heard another knock at the door. I prepared myself for him to come through; my breath caught in my throat before I was able to respond "come in."

And that person did just that. A smile plastered my face.

"Ho-"

But the mood quickly changed. I frowned and tears welt up at the corners of my eyes. That same feeling from the beach returned; that same feeling I had when I saw the picture.

It was her.