Love In The Moonlight (Chapter 7)

By: Stacy Leonhardt Gravely

© All Rights Reserved - 2010

7.

Kalee gazed up at Connor, her expression changed quickly with the mention of "needing to talk". "What's wrong? Did I do something wrong?" Kalee's lifetime of insecurities has programmed her to assume that she was always the problem.

Connor reached over and gently stroked her cheek and down her jaw line with his thumb, "It's not you, babe. You are AMAZING. It's me." Connor could see she wasn't buying it, "Kalee, I want to tell you so badly, but I am afraid of losing you. Since I first laid my eyes on you, it is as if everything in my life finally makes sense." He was on the verge of tears as he confessed how he truly felt. Could she accept him, would she allow him to stay in her life once she learns of his true nature? He knew there was no turning back, he had already gone to far to turn back. Connor had to tell her since the full moon was a few days away. He had to do this quick, like a band-aid, quick and less painful, he hoped.

Before he opened his mouth Kalee covered his lip with her index finger to hush him. "I feel so childish and crazy for saying this, but I feel the same. I mean what person "falls" for someone so quickly? But there is just something about you, but whatever it is, I'm sure I'll like it too!"

She leaned forward wrapping her arms around his neck and snuggled her face in his neck, her warm breath was sending lighting bolts up Connor's spine and she felt him pull her closer to him. "Please, Connor, just tell me. It'll be okay," she whispered into his neck sending stronger bolts of electricity through out his body.

Connor sighed heavily, "Kalee," he paused to better compose himself. "I'm a werewolf." As he spoke the last word he pulled back so he could see her reaction.

"Huh?"

Connor just sat there unable to say anything. How could he prove to her he wasn't lying to her?

"Connor?" Kalee's eyes filled with hurt.

"Yeah?"

"Are you serious?"

"Unfortunately, darling, I'm very serious." He couldn't finish his sentence without looking into her eyes, he shook his head and looked down in his lap. He couldn't understand why she wasn't running from him. Connor thought she'd be so revolted by the idea that he was dual nature that she would run from him. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you before what just happened, but I wanted you to know me for who I am not what I am."

"What just happened?" Kalee looked at him shocked and in pain. As she looked at him the hurt became too much and her face start to twist with pain as she quickly moved away and covered her face. She didn't want to show him how much he'd hurt her.

"Kalee, I'm sorry I didn't mean it that way!" She looked up at him, the sight of her with tears in her eyes nearly broke his heart in two. Connor inched closer to her, "Honey, making love to you was the most amazing thing I've ever experienced. I'm so sorry I didn't mean it to come out that way!"

Wiping her eyes, she looked up at him, "So your a werewolf." Connor nodded silently. "How do you expect this relationship to work, Connor?" Kalee seemed fairly calmed, and something didn't seem right about that. Why was Kalee so 'okay' about him being a shifter?

"Kalee, why aren't you running in fear of me or completely repulsed by me?"

"Your not the only one with deep dark secrets, you know." She responded her brows lifted as she gazed back at him.

"Oh really? So what are you hiding from me?" Connor asked as he eyed her carefully, what could she possibly have to hide?

"It doesn't matter Connor it won't work. We might as well get that through our heads before either of us get hurt!" Kalee quickly turned to get off the bed looking around the room for her clothes quickly slipping on the first thing she found.