Love In The Moonlight (Chapter 11)

11.

Thank you for the comments, I know you only see one or two but my friends text me and call me an tell me what they think! Thank you! That means you too Cora, for being my partial muse in this story. Not to mention thank you for the ideas, that has made me think about possible future chapters so you may not see that idea right away but I hope in the future I can add something like that! Enjoy and PLEASE KEEP COMMENTING AND VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!

__________________________________________________________________________________

Connor and Blain spent over a hour talking about how they could use the uncertainty of Ali's ability to shift or not to their advantage when he went before the pack's council. Blain was optimistic that Connor could properly persuade them to see reason, regardless of his status as Omega. After Connor let Blain out he turned back to the living room to see Kalee with her knees pulled to her chest and her head slumped on her knees, she was asleep. He bent down and scooped her up and carried Kalee carefully to her room and laid her on the bed, as he was pulling the blankets up to her chin she turned to look at him.

"Are you leaving?" She rubbed the sleep from her eye to better focus on his face.

"If you want me to, I will." Connor whispered.

"No, please stay."

"Okay. I'll stay but let me lock the door and check on Ali. I'll be right back." With that Connor tip toed out the bed room and moved about the house quietly. Kalee couldn't believe it still, only a hour ago Connor said he loved her, he loved her. She didn't know exactly how she felt yet but she knew she didn't want him to go anywhere. Just then Connor crept back in the room and smiled at her, he moved to the side to sit down and remove his shoes, then his shirt, and finally standing to remove his pants letting them fall to the floor in a crumpled mess. "Incoming." Connor whispered loudly as he jumped on the bed beside her.

Kalee started giggling, "Your such a kid!"

"Is that a bad thing?" He cocked one of his eye brows at her waiting for a response.

"Not all the time!" She moved to snuggle up to Connor's bare chest, he slipped his arm around her to hold her closer. "I love this."

"Love what?"

"This" Kalee sighed, "being in your arms like this, it's so comforting."

"Good, I always aim to please." Connor had a huge smile on his face as he gazed down at Kalee who was coughed back laughter.

Suddenly she grew serious, "Connor, is it possible that Ali is a shifter?"

"I would assume so, but like we said before we won't know until she's older. That's why we are hoping the council and my father will see she need proper guidance in the case that she is, that only a pack can provide." He smoothed down her hair, "I promise you Kalee, I will protect that little girl as if she was my own. You will never have to choose between me and her, I wouldn't allow you to do that kind of thing!"

Before she could answer, Kalee fell asleep. As she slept she dreamed of walking hand and hand with Ali and Connor at night time, Kalee looked up at the night sky and noticed the full moon then turned to look where her daughter was standing, but Ali wasn't there. In front of her was a smallish white wolf with Ali's blue eyes and beside her was a much larger grey wolf with black flake throughout, it was the same wolf from her previous dream, but now its eyes weren't glowing green, they were Connor's lovely green eyes. Kalee took a step towards the wolves, this time with both hands outreached, she looked at her hands, they weren't her hands anymore, they were slowly transforming into paws. "Oh No!"