Love In The Moonlight (Chapter 25)

25.

I know, I know, I usually post at least one chapter a day, but April 2nd is my hubby's birthday, plus he's still sick and now my youngest is getting sick again. UGGGHHH! I don't like holding up your reading, plus I don't want you to forget what you just read! So here it is... enjoy!

_________________________________________________________________________

Kalee woke up again, soaking wet and shivering, what was with these people and ice water? The room was once again darkened except for the one light over top of her, which kept the out parts of the room darkened making it easy for someone to hide there.

"Who's here?" Kalee tried to speak out but it came out more like a whisper, her back was causing her blinding pain, and her vision was still blurry from the pounding her head received. Kalee closed her eyes willing herself to pass out again, hoping to wake up and this all be a bad dream, she could wake up in the safety of Connor's arms with Ali near by, safe and sound.

After a few minutes she assumed she was alone in the room, she heard no breathing or shuffling around, just the deafening silence and the beating of her own heart.

"Please Connor, hurry." She kept chanting quietly to herself, hoping that some how the message would get to Connor, that he could find her sooner rather than later.

____________________________________________________________________________

Connor ran forward of the other trackers, Blain was right behind him, they finally made it to the Sharp's property, it was 40 acres of field and lots of wooded area, in the open field was a rather large farm house. Connor noticed the storm cellar on the side of the house as they approached the house silently, he motioned his large head to the cellar. 'Check there, first!' Connor's thoughts were projected to everyone that was in wolf form.

Running up to the cellar they had their noses to the earth, Connor told two to go around the house to the left and another two to go around the house to the right. As he neared the the cellar he had hoped to find her scent but it wasn't there, no where around the house either.

'Damn it.' Connor looked over at Blain, ' is there any other buildings on their property?'

'Not sure, should we split up?' Blain watched Connor's every move.

'Yes. Do not howl, we don't want them to give us away, simply call us mentally and we'll meet up. Do not under any circumstances go in alone, this is my kill!' Connor looked over the other wolves that circled around him, they bobbed their heads in understanding. 'Let's move.'

A third of the trackers went to the left, another to the right, and Connor and Blain's group straight ahead. The group fanned out, noses to the earth again, Connor could sense everything they could so the second they caught Kalee's scent he'd know it. After running for a couple minutes they came to small, fallen shack, ' Blain check it out.' Following his friend's commands he scratches the old door til it opens a bit to nudge it fully open with his snout. Blain disappeared for a few seconds inside, he came back out with his head down, no trace of her ever being there just a few woodland creatures taking up residence in the shack.

Connor's group kept pushing forward through the wooded area, when suddenly Connor knew someone in the group found something of interest. Connor suddenly switched his running pattern running left, Blain noticed the sudden direction changed and followed pushing himself harder to catch up.

'What is it, Connor?'

'They found a familiar scent, its not Kalee's but it's someone else's.' Connor pushed himself harder, the quicker he knew what they found for certain the closer he could be to Kalee.