Chapter 4

A/N: Pictured above, Phil, the future Beta and Nathan's best friend

----------

Alex POV

As soon as I realize my mate is near, I loose it. Why, Luna? Why do you hate me this much? Tears gather in my eyes, but I quickly wipe them away. I've never been a cry baby, and I sure as hell won't start to be one, now! I never cried when my siblings made fun of me, or when my dad looked proudly at their achievements, and in disappointment at me...

Ah, bloody hell, I need to get away, as soon and far, as possible. Screw my mate, and screw the two weeks until high-school graduation. I'll have to get a fake degree anyway, since I enrolled at the film school under a false name... I'm not stupid. I won't ever be able to use my real name again once I run away, or the pack will find me.

Shifting into my weak wolf Zephyr isn't an option, he'd head right in the direction of our mate. My wolf and I don't get along well, and it's a blessing to me that he's bound to wither more and more as soon as I leave the pack and live amongst humans. Zephyr is the most pathetic part of me, and the reason I have to live in misery as nothing more than an Omega.

Therefore, I decide to run through the woods as a human, straight home to get my money and some clothes. And then, I'll get in my car, an old and run-down Ford, and head south, then west, until I reach California. At least that's my plan, when I hear a howl rippling through the air. A howl, coming from a very powerful wolf – my mate's wolf... No, no, no, this can't be true! This is a joke, right? It can't be...

The next moment, I sense the presence of other werewolfes, and my very pissed older brother Kyle shouts at me to stop through the mind link, but I tell him to Fuck off in response.

That's when I get tackled to the ground, by the feel of it by a very much naked and heavy male. Thank goddess he's not my mate... But my relief comes too soon. He's here, too... oh holy shit, my mate's a guy! That must be a sick joke, right? I'm not gay, for crying out loud! Even worse, it's the future Alpha...

Rage rapidly builds up to unhealthy amounts within me, and if I were stronger, I'd attack Sean, the guy who tackled me I now realize, and then I'd challenge my mate, to get my freedom by killing him. But I wouldn't stand a chance. He's the future Alpha, and I'm just an Omega.

Shit, that makes me the future Luna... I'd start laughing my butt off, if it weren't so damn sad. I'll never get away now, if he decides to mark me on the spot... Or maybe I'm lucky, and he doesn't want me as his mate? A rejection would be very much appreciated, thank you very much.

The human wants you, my wolf decides to chime in in a timid voice. His wolf on the other hand... he hates me. Zephyr howls sadly.

Then tell his wolf to reject us!

I can't. It would be the death of both of us wolves, and probably the death of your human mate, too.

Who cares?, I yell at Zephyr, who starts sobbing – yes, sobbing! – in my head. Pathetic, I told ya!

Taking ragged breaths from all the anger I feel, Sean finally allows me to turn around, and to face my mate and his friends. Oh, Kyle is here, too, looking at me shocked and with a hint of disgust on his face. Guess he's not too happy I'm his friend's mate, either. Well, that makes at least two of us!

Turning my attention to my mate, I'm in unwelcomed awe at his sight: He's tall, and surprisingly slender for an Alpha. Not that he hasn't got muscles, on clear display since he's butt naked, but he's not one of those pumped up jocks I have expected to see. His hair is a very dark brown, his skin is tan, and his face sports a neatly trimmed beard. His soft eyes are a dark brown, too, resembling my own – what a weired thought.