Chapter 5

A/N: Above, two images that combined (the watercolor effect with the design to the right) give an impression of how Alex' tattoo looks like in my imagination

A/N: Above, two images that combined (the watercolor effect with the design to the right) give an impression of how Alex' tattoo looks like in my imagination. Found the pictures on the internet, (seriously, especially the left one is mighty fine!) and don't own any rights - I'll immediately take them down on demand!

Please don't forget to vote, comment and share :-)

------------

Nathan's POV

Watching my mate strip in plain view should have an arousing effect on me. Unfortunately, it doesn't. He's a male, through and through: From the rather wide shoulders, down to his flat, yet firm chest and surprisingly ripped stomach – sporting more than just the ghost of a developing six-pack -, and of course, when my eyes bluntly travel further south, to his dick and balls – he's nicely equipped down there, by the way, which would fill girls with giddy excitement -, and his thouroughly fit legs. Everything about him is unmistakeably male. I like the slight tan of his skin, though.

If I were gay - and not into skinny twinks, like a college friend of mine -, I'd most likely find him very attractive. But I'm straight, and into petite body figures.

Yet, in spite of everything, he's my mate, and I'll get used to the way he looks. Once the mate bond fully kicks in, I'll learn to find him attractive. I just have to, or it's going to have a negative effect on my pack. My people need a Luna. She – or, in our case, he – is the very heart and soul of a pack. The Luna's main duties are to function as a mother figure, keeping the peace within the pack by smoothing down difficulties whenever they might come up, and to lead and aid the Omegas in raising our pack's pups.

From what I've heard about my mate so far, Alex is going to have a hard time filling in to his Luna position, but I'm willing to give him time to adjust, and my support whenever he's going to need it. And I'm confident my mother will be there for him, especially in the beginning, too.

What I didn't expect to see on his young body was a tattoo. Where did he find an artist in this rural area of Idaho, and one with such excellent skills to boot? It's a beautiful work of art, with it's splash of color through a watercolor effect, I give him that, but has me wondering why he chose old-fashioned movie equipment in it's design. Does he just like watching movies? Or is there a deeper, hidden meaning behind it?

I don't have much time to muse on this question, because Alex, the obnoxious brat, sticks his tongue out at me, and the next surprise hits me: He also got a tongue piercing. I won't complain, though. One of my former flings in college had one, too, and when she gave me head... let's just say, the metal pin rubbing against a very sensitive part of my body had it's charme.

But Alex is definitely different from most members of our pack, who despise pampering with their bodies in any type or form. Hell, it's even hard to get them to accept necessary medical work done, like artificial hips. They fear their ability to shift could be compromised, and they are not completely wrong: Bones made of steel can't transform.