Chapter 8

Nathan's POV

It's been five days since I returned to Redwood, and found my mate - although, sadly, it doesn't feel like I found them. Alex is still shutting me out, and has resumed to right out ignoring my existence. I've had dinner at his parent's house twice, and not once has he talked to me, or even granted me a glance.

My wolf is going crazy, he wants to see our mate daily, but that would be too suspicious. Yes, my proud jerk of a wolf has fallen madly for Alex' wolf Zephyr, gushing about how sweet he is, and how beautiful with his hazel fur... just like an adolescent pup in love for the first time. And the feeling is mutual. Great, right? Not! It makes me yearn only more for Alex to at least show me some kind of affection, too, but the human part of my mate is... difficult, to put it nicely.

Vince had no problems getting the needed titles in under a day from a judge, who happens to be a member of an allied pack – the perks of being part of a tight knit community of supernatural beings. Unfortunately, there was nada, niente. Alex hasn't registered a cell phone to his name. If he had a friend do it for him, we're screwed.

I haven't heard from Vince in two days, but now he asked for a meeting, and I'm waiting impatiently in my private suite for Phil and him to arrive.

My parents have set up a magnificent space in the pack house for me, on it's top floor, with a gigantic terrace overlooking the forest. I had sent them pictures of furniture I fancy beforehand, and they didn't disappoint: The suite looks chic and modern, with a cozy master bedroom, an adjoined guest bedroom, a huge living room with a modern kitchenette, equipped with anything one could ever ask for - since my college days, I love to cook - , a small home office, and last, but not least, a luxurious bathroom that had my jaws drop down to the floor: There's even a jacuzzi in there.

How I would love to share all of this with Alex, alas, he doesn't show any interest to at least take a look around. He declined any invitation by simply ignoring my words.

With a sigh, I flop down onto the comfortable leather couch, when Phil enters the code to my suite and enters, followed by Vince. Yes, Phil has unrestricted access, but he's like family and hangs out with me all the time. I know it's because he thinks I need company, to not get depressed over my more than spurning mate, and, quite frankly, he's right. However, I have a bad conscience towards his mate and wife Karen, but Phil shrugged it off by saying she wouldn't mind. I'm sure he told her about Alex, but that's okay. She wouldn't betray his trust by retelling it to anyone else.

„Good news, dude!" Phil is practically beaming when he joins me on the couch. „Don't forget to tell your wolf to thank Zephyr!" Alex' wolf is a little backstabber to his human, but he's worried about him, too. He disclosed to Apollo where Alex hides his cell phone, and it's pin. Therefore, we were able to learn his number and provider. As secretive as Alex might be when it comes to sharing any thoughts with Zephyr, even managing to block him out completely in the three days he was gone – quite an achievement, I have to reluctantly admire -, he was careless once in a while.

Aleksander Gardener. That's the name he used on the contract for the phone. And guess where he signed that contract?" Vince looks at me as if I was a psychic.

„Boise?" That's the next big city I can imagine for Alex finding a tattoo artist of the caliber that made his tattoo.

„Dunn-dunn-dunn, wrong. No points for the future Alpha." Dang, Vince is enjoying this far too much. „Los Angeles. Your little devil of a mate was in the city of angels." Yes, Vince knows, too. It made it easier for him to comply, and Phil and I don't have to keep our tongues in check around him, which was annoying the first time we met with Vince.