Chapter 12

A/N: The next updates will unfortunately be slower, since I'm lacking creativity at the moment... but I'm fighting, and hope to get my shitty depression back in check :-(

-------------------------------

Alex POV

Oh for the goddess sake, my head is seriously gonna kill me. Or am I already dead? The surface I'm lying on is incredibly comfortable, soooo soft, like cloud-like-soft. Did I die from the impact with the rock, and gone to Luna in heaven? Nah, rather right down to hell if I take the pain coursing through my body as an indicator.

It's a tremendous struggle to open my eyes, but when I finally succeed, I want to close them again right away. The world around me spins like I'm on some fuckin' carnival ride, and my stomach doesn't like it, like, at all. Nausea develops quickly, and the need to throw up is getting intense. Thank goddess I didn't eat much today! And I'm not dead, that's for sure. Although I wish for a second I was.

Taking deep breaths, I will the urge to vomit away, for now. That's when a slight panic starts kicking in. Where the heck am I? This is definitely neither my room, nor the infirmary!

What happened after my ungracious fall down the slope?

Squinting my eyes in concentration, I faintly remember waking up before, with a woman in a white coat watching me... Luna? Nah, more likely one of the doctors of our pack. And then there is another faint memory... of peculiar feelings, feather-like touches, accompanied by pleasant tingles and a feeling of being at ease... Shit, Nathan! That son of a b must have fingered me, that damn perv, while I was unconscious! Oh, I'll so get back at him for that! Taking advantage of an unconscious person, I mean, come on, who in their right mind would do something like that? An arrogant, possessive bastard of an Alpha mate, that's who.

Don't dare talk bad about mate! I loved touches!, Zephyr growls in my head, and I freeze. My weak, submissive wolf has never before dared to raise his voice at me like that. That's all Apollo's fault! Since meeting his wolf-mate, Zephyr is manning up, and I don't like it a bit!

Shut up, stupid wolf! I'm in charge in this body and mind, not you, don't forget your place! I successfully will him back to sleep, but it's getting harder each time to do so, giving me another reason for my headache.

„Theresa, let's leave, and check on Xander another time", I suddenly hear a familiar voice from not too far away, and my first impulse is to rush out of the bed and beg for help. But I can't, I'm too weak and can hardly lift a finger.

All I manage to squeeze out is a „Marco? Is that you?", and I flinch at the weakness clearly on display in my tired voice. Then I recognize Nathan's voice, inviting Theresa and Marco to follow him. Damn, I'm in his condo, aren't I? But I have to admit, albeit grudgingly, that he has a not too shabby taste when it comes to picking furniture. On the other hand, the room is just like him: Too mature and serious for my own taste. And swanky, bragging with money others earned for them. I mean, why does the Alpha-family deserve only the best, when it's the rest of the pack doing the hard labor? That's not fair in my eyes.

The first person to enter the room is Nathan, who else, but at least I can see Marco and Theresa walking in right behind him. A smile spreads on my face despite my over-all discomfort, that fades as soon as I make out the three additional people stomping into the bedroom. Are we having an orgy, or a party, or what? There's an injured person here, guys, so back the hell off and give me some space!

I guess Kyle noticed my reaction, and he looks hurt all of a sudden. But that's his problem, not mine. Turning my attention back to my two best friends, I can't hide my excitement at seeing them.