Chapter 22

Ahhhh. My blood was boiling. I'm sure I was turning red with rage. Why. Why would he do something so stupid and irresponsible and without telling any of us.  I screamed " why !!!! Who told you to do it and when. I just can't believe you sometimes. What is wrong with you sometimes. You might be the oldest but you act like the youngest sometimes. Explain yourself!!!"
" I found a letter that instructed me to steal it or else you would have been in danger. I couldn't tell you and I couldn't live with myself knowing that I had put you in any danger so I did it "he looked at the ground with nothing else to say and I didn't know what to say either. Had he really done this to protect me and if so what would I do. I tried to think strategically.
" well we will talk about this later but right now we need to make a plan !"
Hopefully it took the boys minds of that subject because now they were thinking properly. Hi spoke up first " Tori you are in no fit state to get away from here we should spend the night here. I'll look for somewhere to stay with Shelton. If we can we'll look for a water supply. You stay here with Ben and 'work' things out. "
I didn't like his air quotations on 'work' but as usual, hi was right. Me and Ben needed to talk.
Alone