New Things

Chapter 3

We had been driving for what felt like forever when the car finally came to a halting stop. I heard a clapping noise then the jokers laugh. 

We are here loves, he said getting out, then my door flew open and I almost fell out when a pair of strong arms caught me and picked me up and out of the car. 

Are you ready to start your new life doll face, J asked as he walked through what sounded like door. 

As ready as I will ever be I guess, I said feeling him place me on the ground.

This is my room kitten, he said helping me to the bed.  I sat down and looked around.  Even though I couldn't see anything I still got a feel for the room.  It felt like it was a big room.

It's nice I said sarcastically smiling. A silence filled the room and for a sec I thought I said something wrong then a booming cackle came from the joker himself as he plopped down on the bed next to me. 

Your not bad kitten, not bad at all, he said patting my thigh.

We sat there in silence for what felt like hours. "Why did my parents give me to you," I asked leaning back and laying on the bed.

He sighed, my last girl friend joined the suicide squad and fell in love with dead shot.  She left me and now I'm in need of a very very pretty distraction, he said huskily pushing a strand of hair out of my eyes. 

I felt sad and happy at the same time, happy that I was finally free from my terrible foster family and sad that I was only the jokers distraction and pet. 

So I'm only your distraction, I asked a little more emotion coming out then I would have liked. 

Of course not kitten, J said getting up and walking somewhere. Your a pretty pretty distraction, one that I could get very used to, he said while walking out the door and slamming it. 

I flinched and sighed wondering how I got here. I was emotionally and mentally exhausted so I layed down and slowly fell asleep.