Four

Ian takes a bite of the small, birthday cake ball. He takes a sip of his drink, licking his lips and letting his eyes glance around the room. He has been on his break for 10 minutes, and Mickey hasn't arrived yet. He's starting to worry if the guy was even going to show up or not. He was scared that his break would end, meaning that he would have to go back to work, leaving Mickey ton his own in the lobby. He really needs the money. The bell on the door rings and Ian looks up. A short, black haired man walks in. He looks around the rather small Starbucks until his eyes land on Ian. The man's face softens from a firm resting face, and he strolls over.

"Are you Ian?" he asks, hesitantly shaking Ian's hand. The man sits down and Ian wonders why he even asked the question. He seemed to already know the answer. The mystery man sits down quickly.

He nods," Yea, I'm Ian, and I'm guessing you're Mickey" he replies. Mickey walks away, and Ian lets his eyes wander when Mickey goes up to order something to drink. Mickey is shorter than him but built a lot fuller. He wasn't overweight by any means, and Ian was considered lanky. The man was dressed fairly nicely with a cotton quarter button up shirt and dark wash jeans. His face looked a lot sterner than when he talked to Ian at the table, yet Ian had only seen him talk to another barista and himself. He walks back to the table Ian was sat at, stuffing change into his pocket and smiling at Ian whilst taking a drink of his iced coffee. He sits down, asking Ian about further information on the apartment.

"It's pretty modern and cozy. Enough space for two people without being cramped, while also being small enough to have a home-like vibe to it," Ian said plainly. He continued on, "And your share would be 1,000 each month for rent. I think it's pretty fair considering I have to pay utili-," Mickey stops him before he can finish.

"I can pay more than what you offered. It wouldn't be fair considering I have a fairly good job and all. The pictures you put up looked like my room and stay there would be worth more than 1000 considering I make a lot, and I don't want to put this any way but truthful, but you work at Starbucks. I just think that I could take a weight off of your shoulders," he spoke with authority in his voice, patiently sipping his cold coffee. Ian looked taken aback by his offer, but he wasn't going to reject it.

He thought for a minute. The offer was almost too good to be true. Ian looked at Mickey, he felt like he was taking forever on his offer. Mickey didn't look like he sold drugs, so maybe he was truly going to be a good sport and pay his part. It was only a matter of seconds, but Ian agreed and felt like he had made a good decision. He looked at the clock, noticing he only had a few more minutes of his lunch break. He shook Mickey's hand. Ian pulled back,"I'm sorry, but I have to get back to work," he apologized, pulling a hand to the back of his neck awkwardly.

Mickey smiled,"It's all good." Ian smiled back, taking Mickey's trash and throwing it away.

"Thank you," Ian whispered, putting his visor back on. He threw his cup away, tying his apron into a tight knot.

"You can move in today before my the shift at the bar if that's okay," Ian said, checking his phone and glancing to see the lunch rush getting heavy. Mickey nodded, taking a phone call and heading out the door.

"See you at four?" Ian yelled over the noise of lunch rush, throwing up an okay sign. Mickey nodded again, turning to his phone and walking out the door.

Do you think Mickey is a good guy?

Is Ian making a good decision? With the first person he picked?

Hey guys!!!!!!

I hope you guys are enjoying reading the book as much as I am writing it:) Shameless is definitely one of my top five tv shows. It's practically all I watched for like 6 months lol.

Word Count: 1k

The chapters will be getting longer. I know it's short for now. The beginner chapters are just starters for the plot! I love all of the love that you give the book! I'll see you guys next chapter! Favorite or comment if you'd like:)

Tumblr: Beebmichael
Instagram: ihatemilksomuch