Six

Long time no write;)

Mickey hauled himself over the trash bags into the alleyway. His breath was ragged, heart pumping out of his chest.

"Keep up!" he yelled, looking back at the nearing flashing lights. The book bag on his bruise-scattered back was getting too worn, and the rookies were slowing down. The newbies always were. If they catch one, they're catching them all, and he couldn't afford it now. The portions of money and jewels he took were worth too much. He'd have 5 years minimum, maybe out on bail if he was lucky. Nevertheless, he continued on, kicking over trash and climbing a seven foot tall fence, taking a look back to see the rest of the crew catching up. They would have to be on foot now, the alley is too narrow. His theory turned to be true, the closer of the blaring sirens going silent. He turned back around, seeing the all-too-familiar break in the barbed fence.

Running to the fence and throwing his bag through the hole, he pulled the fence up, inhaling sharply as his hand cut on the rusted metal. He held the fence up for the bunch, running in after them before getting to the well.

"What are you guys sitting here for? Go on," he spat and kicked at a younger kids foot. Jarius pulled back the top of the well, crawling in and down the long ladder. one by one the some 9 of the boys crawled in and down. Past the door at the end of the ladder held the only thing that a lot of them called home.

Mickey sat up, gasping for air. He realized he was on Ian's couch, far away from them. He shook his hand around inside of his pocket, reaching for his phone. The time read 11:48, Ian must've been gone for a while, he thought. He scratched his head, his hand swiping against his forehead, dripping in sweat.

"What the fūck," he stated aloud. Swinging his leg over the side of the couch, he rubs at his eyes and yawns. He wondered if there was any food in the house because he was damn near starvation. He grumbled over to the kitchen, opening the fridge door. Stale, leftover ramen and koolaid, how pleasant. He dug into his pocket once more, taking out a wad of 50's. The thought of a Chinese food had him drooling. Walking into the bathroom, Mickey glanced around for a toothbrush. Shit, I need a toothbrush, he noted. He looked down, seeing a nice green toothbrush that didn't look too mangled. Mickey shrugged, squirting some toothpaste on that sucker and going to town. He was sure that Ian wouldn't notice. He though about Ian having herpes, gagging and spitting up in the sink. Mickey looked in the mirror and gently set the brush back down, making sure to wash out his mouth multiple times.

He ruffles his hair around, going into the living room to retrieve his shoes. He opened the door, pulling a beanie over his ears to keep him from freezing in the night. Mickey takes the elevator, going down and out to the parking lot. He hopes his car isn't freezing, it's usually not this cold in LA, even at night. He unlocks his car, wondering if Ian even had a car. It didn't seem like he had car keys jingling around in his pockets earlier when they were moving, but the closest transportation to Starbucks is a mile or two away. Maybe he got a ride from someone else, and where is that ginger anyways, he thought. He pulled out of the parking lot, cranking the heat and taking off his beanie. He remembers Ian mentioning a bar that he worked at in the evenings, but he can't remember a name. Maybe he could visit, but right now he's hungry, and he didn't even know an address.

Mickey walked into Ming Moon, looking up at the menu. What would Ian even choose? He thought he should get the boy something. He rubs the back of his neck, ordering general tsos chicken for himself and chicken lo mein for Ian. He better fuckíng enjoy it, Mickey thought and chuckled. He grabbed the bag of food and thanked the woman behind the counter. Retrieving his keys from his pocket, he starts his car, setting the fod in the passenger seat.

While driving, Mickey couldn't help but wonder what Ian was really like. He can't imagine the boy having any interesting hobbies, it just seemed like he kinda chilled at his apartment all the time. Mickey didn't have anything interesting himself, yet he just deemed himself more of an interesting guy anyways. He pulls into the parking lot, fingers crossed that Ian somewhat enjoys lo mein. He just seemed like that kind of kid.

Mickey walked up to their building, practically inhaling the Chinese through the bag. He digs around in his pockets for the keys, but they aren't in his front ones. He laughs nervously, shoving his hands into us back pockets before realizing that the keys were o the counter in the kitchen. "What the fuck!" he yelled, throwing his food to the ground, frantically twisting the doorknob hoping for it to magically open. He looked at his phone, the time being 12:53. He's already been awake for an hour? Mickey slides down the side of the wall, taking out his food. Just because he was stuck outside didn't mean he wasn't still starving. Taking the lid off of his meal, he glances inside of the bag for a fork. He rips the plastic open with his teeth, throwing the salt and pepper packet back into the bag. Nothing like a nice meal on the ground.

Mickey shoves the food into his mouth, not really caring what he looks like or who sees. He just wants to go back to sleep. He finishes his chicken, throwing the container in the bag and taking out his phone. He makes sure to download games for times like these. He clicks on Cut The Rope™, but his screen goes completely black. He jumps, hitting his screen with his hand to get it to turn back on. Shortly date, the small rotating loader appears, and he knows now that his phone is dying. I have the best of luck, huh?

He looks around for anything that could pass time. He could go drive around, but he's too tired and if he gets into a wreck that wouldn't go down well. He doesn't really enjoy police officers too much. He looks at the door of the building in front of him, slowly closing his eyes until the only sound coming from Mickey is a light snore.

Hey guys!!!!!

What was happening in the beginning with that dream/ flashback?

Mickey just seems to be having a bad day huh?

Very short chapter, but I feel like I can't get a grasp on how much to put into one with this book, you know? It's a little rough at times lol.

Word Count: 1.3k

I hope you guys are  enjoying it so far! I love shameless and I can't wait for season 8:)

Vote or comment if you'd like more!! Love you guys!!! See you later:))