Eight

Ian clutches the greasy bag of food as he fumbles for his keys to get into the apartment. He opens the door to Mickey watching... morning cartoons? "Hey I got us breakfast! I hope you like McDonald's," Ian yelled behind him as he's getting his pancakes out of the bag. With no response from his roommate, Ian turns around and is greeted with the back of Mickey's head. "Helloooooo." Mickey wouldn't even look at him. Ian remembers he has to work in 45 minutes and forgets about his unhappy roommate. Hopefully he can muster up the courage to go talk to him face to face later. They do have to go shopping together, and if Ian's good at anything, it's shopping and chatting.

He scarfs down his pancakes like the Cookie Monster to a pile of chocolate chip and throws on his work clothes: black shirt, black, somewhat gray from dirt, pants, and some Walmart non-slip shoes. He leaves with a small wave to Mickey when he's up at the counter getting his food, and with that he's out the door. Mickey kinda reminds him of Chicago: sorta sucky, fun, but really ratchet. Sometimes he misses his family back home.

Ian raced down the street, jumping over trash cans and slipping on ice. He glanced behind him: they were still chasing. He makes a sharp right turn and pulls lip with him, tripping over litter boxes and old cardboard. Lip gets ahead of him, "Ian, Make a left!" The ginger boy smiles at lip, and they can't help but laugh at the situation behind them. Lip was asked to write a paper for some dudes English class, and instead of actually writing one, he got paid to plagiarize an entire essay on one website. He got in so much trouble. Lip stops, dragging Ian on to the ground behind a dumpster. They're both gagging and they hear the guys run right past them. Ian could hear his heart beating in his throat, and he looked at Lip and started belly laughing. Lip smirked, "don't fùck with the south side."

Ian smiled. He missed his family,but both him and Aidyn know that the move was good for the both of them. They weren't going anywhere being stuck in Chicago. Going from South Side to Los Angeles was a big jump, but Ian was making it work. As he walks into the already busy Starbucks, he remembers that he's lucky to be one of the few that get out of that old dump.

The fluorescent lights were so bright compared to the natural lighting outside. It almost felt like a different universe. Light fixtures and wood was all Ian could see. Mickey scoffed, "I don't think there'd be any beds here." "Why not? There's everything else you could think of in Busy Beaver," Ian replied. The boys grabbed a cart, and Ian's heart jumped a little when Mickey grabbed it out of his hands, "Let's go punk." Stop it. You cannot have a crush on your new roommate. That is unacceptable. Mickey isn't even that cute. He read off all the signs in his head, bookcases? no, outdoor patio? still not even close. He finally found the sign that said "bedroom accessories" and pulled Mickeys sleeve towards the aisle. "Watch it ginger."

"So I figured I could talk about rent a little more." Mickey shrugged and looked over at Ian surprisingly mischievously. "Already paid it," Mickey smirked. "What-what do you mean you already paid it? We had a deal I didn't mean for you to have to do that- I just I mean I'm sorry." Ian was practically shaking he was so upset. Mickey's usually sarcastic and stone-like face softened, and he apologized multiple times, rubbing the back of his neck and explaining that he just saw the bill on the table and wanted to help. "I can pay you back, I promise," Ian said, defeated. "Hey, it's no problem. Just don't be a douche and buy me some Chinese food or something and we're even, K?" Ian nodded, still feeling like a jerk. Mickey shouldn't have had to pay that dumb rent anyways. Ian wanted to keep it fair and split it. The red haired boy was in it for the long run now.

"I think it goes in this little hole thing over here." "No it definitely screws in on this side." "You're definitely wrong that's not how it- Mickey! You're gonna break it you dïckheád." Mickey did not know how to put this bed together. Ian was reading the instructions, thinking to himself that this was never going to work. Mickey just kept putting random pieces together and wouldn't listen to anything. Finally, after two and a half hours, they finally got the bed together, sheets and all. Mickey said he was gonna take a nap cause he was "tired as fück", so Ian let him be and hung out in the living room.

He wanted to talk to Aidyn, but she didn't get off work for another fifteen minutes, so HGTV it is. After watching rich couples pick out houses for about a half an hour, Ian calls Aidyn. "Hey girl!! What's up? How was work?," Ian chimed. Aidyn explains that her day was tiring and she missed Ian. "I just want to see my best friend," she continued. Ian thought for a second, deciding it's what he wanted to do. "Are you free tonight? Do you want to come over and watch movies?!" Aidyn was ecstatic, "Oh my goodness yes yes yes!!!" She told Ian goodbye right away so she could pack to stay the night. Ian was grinning from ear to ear. He feels like it's been so long since he's hung out with or even had a real conversation with his best friend. Speaking of best friends, he needs to call lip soon. Ian is so excited he can't even hold it in. Wait a minute, he thought. I didn't even ask Mickey, the other person living here, if it was okay she came over. Eh, it'll be fine.

Ian set up the living room with blankets and pillows to make the floor all comfy in case they decided to sleep in there. His comforter and all the extra throw blankets in the house were strewn about the room and all the pillows, even the decorative ones, all were on the ground. Ian cut up apples and set out peanut butter and chocolate chips for a sweet snack. Ian didn't have any popcorn, but Aidyn texted him and said she'd bring some over. Hm, Mickey still hasn't waken up yet, maybe I should go tell him we're having company? Ian tiptoes over to Mickeys bedroom door, gently pushing it open to reveal a sleepy brunette boy. Ian blushed; Mickey had taken off his shirt in the middle of his nap, and he was exposed some. He looks so peaceful. Ian didn't think any more of it, closing his door and letting him sleep. Aidyn was on her way over, and if Mickey wakes up, he can't wait for them to meet.

Do you think Mickey will be able to tolerate Ian and Aidyn?

I Hope you're liking what I'm writing so far!!! Vote if you'd like more chapters!!

Word count: 1.3k

Sorry the chapters are so short, I like posting more often and keeping them shorter just so I can have some control over cliffhangers;)

Have a good day!!!