Five

Ian picks up his phone, sighing at the cracked case his phone adorned. Being nervous was an understatement. Mickey was bringing over his belongings to move into their now shared  apartment. Ian didn't need his charity, but Mickey wouldn't budge. He said he had some things for the place that wouldn't go in his room. Ian didn't truly mind, but he felt bad considering that Mickey offered to pay more than Ian had calculated, yet it made Ian's life easier. He might be able to quit the bar gig he has in favor for guaranteed safety and a good nights sleep every once in a while. He scrolls aimlessly through Instagram. He never thought to delete his account, yet maybe he should recognize that he only follows Aidyn and a couple dog accounts.

The buzzer for his apartment rang, and he sprung off the couch to answer. He presses the button,"Who is it?" he questions.He knew it was going to be Mickey, but it doesn't hurt to ask. Ian has the urge to look up to him. Maybe it was the fact that Mickey was older than him. He couldn't quite put his finger on it.

Mickey pressed the buzzer on the bottom floor, awkwardly standing with the moving guys behind him, ready to do their job. "It's Mickey, who else would it be," Mickey states, and you could see the annoyed expression at his eyes. The doors opened, and he tossed his keys around in his pocket to find the small slip of paper he made sure he didn't lose. The apartment was number 193. He shoved it back into his pocket, leading the way to Ian's door.

Ian opens the door and he can't help but let his eyes go wide at the amount of stuff Mickey was bringing into the small apartment. Four moving guys carried in chairs and boxes of mugs and plates, all setting them down on the floor before moving to Mickey to get their tip. He handed each of the men a 50 dollar bill. Ian gawked at 200 dollars leaving his house, and only for carrying up some furniture. Mickey closed to door, looking back at Ian who was inspecting the boxes. Ian pulled the tops back, glad to see silverware because he was tired of using plastic forks from the Chinese takeout place a couple blocks away.

"This ain't too much stuff, right?," Mickey asked, rubbing the back of his neck. He looked like he was uncomfortable. He bent down and inhaled sharply, taking out some plates and walking to the kitchen to figure out where everything went.

"It's not that much. The cupboards may be a little cramped, but no one is going to see the inside of them anyways," Ian chuckles. He joins Mickey, moving the two padded armchairs into the living room.

"Do you have a bed?" Ian noted not seeing a bed anywhere. There was a comforter and blankets in a box, but no mattress or frame was to be found.

Mickey sneered and Ian wasn't so sure that he was the same person that he had met at Starbucks. He seemed off and sort of annoyed. He could just be in a bad mood. It still doesn't ring right.

"I need to sleep on the couch."

Ian shrugged," That's fine." Ian finished the two boxes he assigned himself in his head, shoving the cardboard in a corner. He wandered into his room, checking the time. He had three hours before work. Going to get Mickey, he peeked his head out of his door and saw Mickey asleep on the couch already. He didn't even finish putting away the things from the three boxes that he started on. Ian thought he shouldn't have to say these things out loud. He was going to ask Mickey if he wanted to get some food.

He sits on the floor instead, finishing Mickey's Boxes up. He peered into a box that was closest to him. Blankets and photographs were scattered in the box. It happened to be the biggest one. He put the box of things that looked personal into Mickey's room. He came back out, wiping his hands on his jeans, started putting toiletries away into the bathroom. Score, he thought, grabbing a brand new tube of toothpaste. How did he know that Ian needed toothpaste. Ian finished up the second box, folding it up and throwing it into the corner with the others.

Ian pulled the third one over to where he was crouched on the floor. It looked like Mickey actually put things away until eat went into his room. I wasn't even in there for very long, he made sure to note in his head. He shoved things around in the box, examining random knickknacks thrown around. He sighed, appointing the box to be personal. He carried it into Mickey's room,setting it down on the carpet. Mickey brought a lot, but not much personal items at all.

Enough of that. He walked over to the fridge, opening it to look for something to drink. There's nothing, as always. Ian really needs to do some grocery shopping around here. Mickey and him can't eat cans of baked beans every day. He turns the light out, setting the other key on the table for Mickey to use. They'd have to talk about paying arrangements when he wakes up.

Not too far down the road was a 7-11 that he'd been to before. His moth was dry from sorting everything, so he walked into the parking lot of the small store and headed inside. He walks over to the large, almost industrial fridges inside and looks for a bottle of Sprite.

He skims over, not finding the carbonated drink, and peeked around the store to look for another fridge. The store was too small, so he went back to the fridge,opening it up to find a bottle titled 'Love'. He shrugged, walking to the cashier and paying for the drink. The woman scanned the drink, turning the bottle around to look at the name.

"Where did you find this?" She raised a brow. She looked more mad than concerned, but nevertheless Ian pointed to the other side of the store.

"It was right by the coffee machine. Is there something wrong with it?"

"No, no it's fine. I don't remember ever stocking this drink though," she adds. Ian takes the drink anyway. It looked like Sprite and he loved a nice refreshing Sprite. He walks across the street. Ian waved at the mailman,stopping to get his mail at the mailboxes. He ran up to his door, unlocking it to throw his mail on the counter. He whispered a quick bye to Mickey before running back down the stairs to head to work.

Do you think Mickey is a good guy?

Why did Mickey bring so much furniture?

Hey guys!!!!

Word Count: 1.3k

I haven't gotten around to writing a lot because school is starting back up,but I'll get the hang of a new schedule:)

Just thought I'd update:) I hope you guys are enjoying it!!! I love feedback at any time so don't feel shy to comment,favorite or follow me haha:)

I'll see you guys next chapter!! Love you!!

Tumblr: Beebmichael
Instagram: Ihatemilksomuch