page 05 • lunatickawa

If Sugawara Koushi was the Mom of the Karasuno team, then Iwaizumi Hajime was Seijoh's.

"There's something wrong with Oikawa. And I know you'd say that there's always something wrong in that mind of his, but this time, something really is very wrong." Iwaizumi has to say, sitting in front of your seat during lunch.

"I'm innocent, Iwa-senpai."

Iwaizumi raises an eyebrow, and you cough before correcting yourself.

"Iwaizumi-senpai."

The third year stands up, hands in his pockets. "Better. For a second, I thought you were starting to pick up Shittykawa's habits."

"Naw, I wouldn't do that." You reply, and he can immediately catch the mischief in your voice. He flicks your forehead, making Misaki chuckle beside you.

"Stop getting into trouble, you both." He says, before he says goodbye and walks back to his table. Oikawa, who had been glancing at your table a couple times while Iwaizumi was around, now had his head resting on the table.

"Oikawa-senpai seems bummed." Misaki thinks out loud. Sighing, you take your frozen yoghurt and resume your lunch.

•••

"You're fidgeting an awful lot, [Name]." Misaki points out later that day. You give her an irritated glance, which makes her giggle.

"I'm gonna go off with Makki now. Just know that I'm rooting for you." She says, clutching her books tight. You give her a nod, thankful that you met someone who was as supportive as her. You see her walk off with the boy who had a crush on her, and it surprised you how oblivious she was to that fact, even though she could manage to give advice and motivational cheers like she used to.

Your worries about Misaki pass by when you see Oikawa and Iwaizumi stepping out of the building. Iwaizumi finds you lurking by, and with wide eyes, he stops walking, in his tracks.

"I left something in class. Go ahead." You hear him say.

"What? Come on Iwa-chan I'll-"

Iwaizumi already ran off.

With a sigh, Oikawa turns back around, and you come to his view. And with many regrets, you had to admit to yourself that you felt like a stalker.

Dammitkawa.

"Oikawa-san. Can we go home together?"

It's not a date, by the way. You add, in your head.

Instantly, his eyes widen at what you said - you could even swear that his ears twitched when you said that. Even though you had a feeling that laughing would make Oikawa even madder than he already was, it made you smile.

And Oikawa keeps on staring down at you, now squinting his eyes.

"You're so unfair, [Name]-chan." He says. The school bus approaches the gate, and he goes ahead.

I guess he's still mad-

Your thoughts are interrupted when you feel a familiar hand grab hold of your wrist. Surprised at the sudden contact, you turn around with a jolt, while Oikawa drags you up into the bus.

The bus is filled with other students from Seijoh as well, and you can feel the unfriendly glares boring onto your back while Oikawa pushed himself through the crowd and found a seat near the end of the bus.

"Sit there." He says. You feel slightly guilty as you did as you were told, while he stood right in front of you, grabbing hold of the pole to stop from falling down.

It was unfair, alright.

It was unfair that you had never felt so nervous about anything before... And yet, as you glance up at Oikawa's face, you can only see that he is staring right at you, his gaze unfazed. Even when you nonchalantly look up once again.. Another time, and one more... He does not take his eyes from you.

Five stops later, you stand up, finally relieved to escape from the exhausting bus ride that made your legs feel weak. You wanted to go home, crawl into a ball, and eat Mei's chicken puffs, but you had your doubts that the day would go that flawlessly, not when Oikawa takes your hand yet again.

With intertwined fingers, the two of you step off from the bus... And he still does not let go of your hand.

"O-Oikawa-san?"

"You're so unfair." He repeats.

You watch the way he pats his brown, wavy hair, and for once, you look at him enough to notice some of his bed-hair sticking up from the back.

"There are so many people in school who want my attention, so many people who'd do anything to get it... And yet, there you are, not doing anything..." He begins, still taking big steps. He still hadn't let go of your hands, and you were starting to get scared because your hands were starting to get sweaty.

"You aren't doing anything.. Or better yet; you're running away from me, but you're the one whose attention I want. You're unfair, [Name]-chan."

Will you stop being cute, you lunatic?! You want to cry out, as you feel your cheeks heating up.

"I can't stay mad at you. You're making my hands feel all sweaty and nervous." He finishes, sighing loudly when he reaches the porch of your building. He then faces you with a small smile.

"Thank you for walking with me. This is the best thing that has happened to me all week." He adds. He then runs up to the stairs, turning back once before he ran up.

"I put my jelly on your bus seat, by the way!"

And when you turn to look at the back of your skirt, you see a big, green stain which makes you start cursing right off the bat.

That little lunatic!

---

a/n; dammitkawa -_-