page 30 • dumbokawa

"[Name]-saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!!" A loud voice booms out in greeting, and you have your hands up, giving Hinata a big high five right as he runs up to you.

"Heya, baby." You hear Mei calling, as she jogs up to you too. The members of the Karasuno volleyball team look like they're taking a break, and you can see Sugawara giving you a wave from where he sat at the middle of the gym.

"Is it true? You're really coming to Karasuno? Gwah! I hope we can be classmates!"

"Me too, Shoyo!!" You feel touched at how enthusiastic he always was, at whatever thing he does, and this is one of the things you really admired Hinata for.

Hinata then notices your beret, his smile instantly turning into a big frown.

"Mei-san told me about what happened, that's so bad!" Hinata has to whine, while you take a glance at a smiling Mei. You can't help but shake your head and smile as well.

"It's fine. Tooru gave me this beret, what do you think?"

Mei has her arms crossed as her smile turns into a grin, nodding at you in approval.

"So, he finally gave you the beret, huh?"

"What do you mean-"

"Tooru had that beret for ages, sweetie. When I told him I did my best to save your hair, Tooru made me tag along with him to buy one for you."

You can feel your heart race and you feel so soft at the thought, enough to make you turn back and take a glance at where Oikawa is sitting at a bench out in the courtyard, playing with his phone.

"WAIT!" Hinata yells, and you two look at the way his eyes are wide, hands clutching on his hair in shock.

"TOORU?!!!!!! DO YOU MEAN THE GRAND KING?????"

"Yeah she does, you dumbass." A big flick on Hinata's forehead is the way Kageyama welcomes himself to the conversation. "She's dating Oikawa-san now."

"WHAAAAAAAAAAAAA???"

"Hinata, no yelling!!"

"Ah, sorry!!" Hinata is fast to apologize to the captain who is squinting his eyes at him.

"Well, every day is fun over here, so guys, motivate her to study enough to pass the entrance exams!" Mei has to say, before she goes to get her bookbag and join you.

"I kinda expected something like this to happen, [Name]." Kageyama has to say, one finger pointing at your hair. "Even back then, Oikawa-san had a lot of girls who were crazy about him. I used to see them fighting over him a lot whenever I went out to buy milk. I should have warned you to be careful..."

"Nah, this isn't something you can tell would happen beforehand, Tobio. Don't worry." You say, smiling and lifting up the admission notice slip in your hand. "Besides, I'm sure it'll be better if I get in here!"

"I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'RE DATING THE GRAND KING!!!! MEI-SAN NEVER TOLD ME WHO IT WAS, I NEVER EXPECTED IT TO BE THE GRAND KING!!!!"

"Why do you still keep calling him that, you dumbass?"

"Don't worry, Shoyo, I can't believe it either." You laugh at the way the two are squabbling.

Mei is still not back, and Hinata goes back to his teammates after he says he thinks your hair still looks cool anyways. You give him a goodbye wave, while Kageyama stays by to chat with you.

"Do you think you can get in?"

"Tooru is helping me with math, I think I have a possible chance to get in."